• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New DDM set spoilers!

frankthedm

First Post
How do you repaint plastic minis? doesn't the paint fall off? do you use some sort of primer? what paints do you use?
AFTER you remove all the hard plastic Clix base, older mage knights and older heroclix could be stripped by swirling and scrubbing them with Acetone. I never tried this with the clear or the softer plastic Wizkids started using in later expansions. I have not heard much about stripping DDM.

Miniature_Painting_FAQ

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I hate that 4E has such shrinkage issues.

Grazzt as a Medium??!? A nightwalker as a large? That thing looks sad.

As for the set - I have a use for about 1/4 of 'em.

Shrinkage is funny. Grazzt, I always saw as medium. He's a humanoid devil - of course he's medium! You mean he was large in 3e? (Never noticed)

As someone who used a bunch of Fomorians (huge) in 3e, I grew very sick of the Huge figures which were used in multiples. They're completely unmaneuverable on the battlemap. A solo huge just works so much better (or surrounded by smaller minions).

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Oh, sorry Peter Lee. Being married to a Mainlander does have its benefits. :cool:

P.S. Who's Peter Lee?

Oh, just someone who has spent way too much time working on DDM. :)

Have a look at the bylines at a lot of the recent preview articles for D&D Minis!

"Peter Lee works as a game designer for Wizards of the Coast, where he splits his time between RPG design and leading the design for D&D Miniatures."

Cheers!

kitsune9

Adventurer
Oh, just someone who has spent way too much time working on DDM. :)

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. Okay, well looks like I won't be ordering from Tabao.com anyways. This website is like eBay. The sellers are individuals and each mini carries a minimum 15 yuan shipping fee. So the range of the minis will cost me 17-30 yuan each if I were to pick them up in China. Chances are, when these come out in the U.S., they'll be just as cheap through sites like Miniatures Market or FRPGames.

Now if there were an actual store carrying these......;)

Sammael

Adventurer
Shrinkage is funny. Grazzt, I always saw as medium. He's a humanoid devil - of course he's medium! You mean he was large in 3e? (Never noticed)

As someone who used a bunch of Fomorians (huge) in 3e, I grew very sick of the Huge figures which were used in multiples. They're completely unmaneuverable on the battlemap. A solo huge just works so much better (or surrounded by smaller minions).

Cheers!
Grazzt, of course, is not a devil, but a demon lord.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
If I'm not mistaken, every description I've read of Graz'zt, and every picture I've seen, shows him as a 6 1/2 foot humanoid with phenomenally good looks (except for the hooved feet that is). Sounds like that would make him medium sized.

His power doesn't come from his size, his power comes from his ability to seduce and to play other powers off against eachother.

He's a very smart, and very corrupt, Richard Gere'ish American Gigolo with some pretty hefty magical abilities.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads