• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Design and Development: Pantheon

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
hong said:
I always thought Heironeous meant the quality of being Heironic.
I've always just called him "Erroneous" and considered him a useless god.

I like what I've read about the new pantheon so far. Bahamut is much cooler than "Paladingod the Paladin god."

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Scholar & Brutalman said:
Sounds likely. I noticed there weren't any real world gods in the article.

The thing didn't I notice was any goddesses. Are they all bachelors gay, or are there some women around?

(Idea: there's only one goddess. All the men "compete for her favours". ie, they're her harem. I don't think Wizards will go that way though...))

The new pantheon are The Smurfs?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Gloombunny said:
I really hope this doesn't mean that specific gods are hard-coded into the rules somehow.
Read the next few sentences after the portion you quoted. The art director was worried that they'd just end up with generic EEEEEEEEEVIL temples in the art and GOOOOOOOOOOOD GUY heroes.

TwinBahamut

First Post
I do like the sound of this article, and I really like the idea of Bahamut as god of all Paladins, but I am wondering one thing... Who on earth are Zehir and Torog, and why are their names so bland? Ok, Zehir isn't that bad, but Torog is not a very good name for anything, especially a deity.

I just hope that this pantheon makes some kind of great cosmological sense as a unified pantheon, but considering this is D&D I am talking about, I doubt it will. Oh well. I like homebrewing stuff anyways.

hong

WotC's bitch
TwinBahamut said:
I do like the sound of this article, and I really like the idea of Bahamut as god of all Paladins, but I am wondering one thing... Who on earth are Zehir and Torog, and why are their names so bland? Ok, Zehir isn't that bad, but Torog is not a very good name for anything, especially a deity.

Heresy! Next you'll be saying that Tenser is a bad name. Or, heaven forfend, Zuggtmoy.

Reaper Steve

Explorer
hong said:
Well, the defining mark of Hextor is that he's the evil brother of Heironeous. Sure, he's the god of evil and tyranny and related bad stuff, but there's plenty of those gods to choose from. So if you remove Heironeous, there's no longer any reason to choose Hextor over anyone else.

I guess I like the name Hextor better.
And Blood Golems!

New poll idea: Tyrannical God Name: Bane or Hextor!
(Incoming! Take cover!)

Rechan

Adventurer
Scholar & Brutalman said:
The thing didn't I notice was any goddesses. Are they all bachelors gay, or are there some women around?
I'm certain we'll have a Goddess of Love/Fertility/Chainmail Bikinis. Don't think there's a pantheon that lacks it.

ForceUser

Explorer
hong said:
If they change it a lot, I will complain. If they change it a little, I will complain.

How it reads to me.
Oh snap.

I'm iffy on Bane name-wise (it's a little bland), but I'm down with his portfolio. I've always thought the FR pantheon was much more flavorful than Greyhawk's. And I like the idea of broadening the gods' appeal beyond race.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads