New Digital Games Studio announced by the president of Wizards of the Coast

Interesting. I look forward to seeing what comes of this - some thrilling ideas, no doubt, but I'm keeping myself reserved so as not to be let down should those thrilling ideas be brought into less-than-thrilling existence.

Interesting. I look forward to seeing what comes of this - some thrilling ideas, no doubt, but I'm keeping myself reserved so as not to be let down should those thrilling ideas be brought into less-than-thrilling existence.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That really depends on the IP. Even EA has no problem making Star Wars and FIFA games. If a company like say Ubisoft was looking to get into AAA CRPG market, they could do a lot worse than licensing the D&D brand. It all depends on the kind of deal that can be made, to good businessmen anything is negotiable.

And since LucasArts was dissolved those Star Wars games have sucked, and FIFA is just a license to print money. D&D is not that big, though maybe after a few movies it could get that big.

I want a companion app to the books, not a replacement to the books. Why on earth would I want to pay the same price again in order to get the same content, but electronic? I want something that will improve the book, not make it redundant. How hard is that to understand?
I think the question you should be asking yourself is why are you buying a printed book when for the same price you can buy something that has everything a printed book has AND more AND is digital?

I am very confused about what people think a VTT is, or more specifically, what the "VTT" part of a VTT is. People seem to be asking for everything out of a VTT but a dice roller, battle mat, and chat box.

IMO, this is the minimum of what I would expect from a VTT. Once you have those three functions, you can start adding things like; combat management, character sheets, character building, rules references...

darjr

I crit!
I think the question you should be asking yourself is why are you buying a printed book when for the same price you can buy something that has everything a printed book has AND more AND is digital?

Good question. I don't want to be dependant upon computers at the table, mainly. Phones are a little better but are more of a distraction. I would also love to be able to read the books on Kindle or my phone and tablet as well as have them read while doing things like driving or riding or hiking or running.

L R Ballard

Explorer

I'm a severe allergy sufferer. I've switched to electronic submissions for students' essays. Otherwise I have an allergy attack from the paper dust and other allergens when grading a set of thirty-two multi-page paper submissions. Digital copies of sourcebooks appeal to me for that reason.

I'm trying to keep the following question germane to the thread's topic. Here goes:

Do the digital 5e releases that Wizards currently offers for FG have all the content of the PHB or DMG, for example?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm a severe allergy sufferer. I've switched to electronic submissions for students' essays. Otherwise I have an allergy attack from the paper dust and other allergens when grading a set of thirty-two multi-page paper submissions. Digital copies of sourcebooks appeal to me for that reason.

I'm trying to keep the following question germane to the thread's topic. Here goes:

Do the digital 5e releases that Wizards currently offers for FG have all the content of the PHB or DMG, for example?

To my understanding, yes, all content is in the digital platform.

Good question. I don't want to be dependant upon computers at the table, mainly. Phones are a little better but are more of a distraction. I would also love to be able to read the books on Kindle or my phone and tablet as well as have them read while doing things like driving or riding or hiking or running.

Ah ha! There you go, a good reason. I just hope you're not driving while reading! :)

I'm anxiously waiting myself for FG's new version on the Unity platform. I'm hoping it will have Android support as well as iOS etc. Time will tell, but can't quite read that way yet.

Remove ads

Remove ads