• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Directions for Malhavoc

While we've recently announced our new Planescape-esque book, Beyond Countless Doorways, and Mike Mearls' addition to the Malhavoc family as well as his new Arcana Unearthed magic book Mystic Secrets: The Lore of Word and Rune, we also this week have announced a whole new kind of product for us.

We're going to publish an anthology of Arcana Unearthed related fiction. The collection is called Children of the Rune and has stories in it by Ed Greenwood, Jeff Grubb, myself, and many other great authors, most of whom have names you'll certainly recognize.

I should also point out that Arcana Unearthed is up for an Inquest Fan Award. You can vote online here (and it's really easy).

2004 is shaping up to be an exciting year!

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Since I don't play AE, my disappointment is that Malhavoc resources which could go to d20 items will be going to AE.

Pity.

Although I am very much looking forward to Beyond Countless Doorways!

Henry

Autoexreginated
I myself am looking forward to it, because one thing the Diamond Throne definitely needs is some more setting flavor for use by DM's of the setting as guidelines. Thanks for the upcoming look, and how dare you make it August before I can get my hands on a copy??!?!!?

:)

Last edited:

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
I don't play AU either, though I think it is fantiastically done. I do hope that you don't forget your core d20 products as well. I loved the angel, dead god, and meteor books. The eldritch series has been well received around our table as well.

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
I don't play AU either, though I think it is fantiastically done. I do hope that you don't forget your core d20 products as well. I loved the angel, dead god, and meteor books. The eldritch series has been well received around our table as well.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I like AU but tend to keep it seperate from my standard d20 even when mixing the two.

For example, my current group has a magister. He uses all of the rules from AU so he doesn't get any 3rd party spells, feats, etc... So far no balance issues although the spell templates are making him shine quite a bit.

I find that the Diamond Throne actually has a lot to offer any d20 fantasy game, d20 or not. Just wish that it was actually d20 as opposed to AU. Minor conversions for skills, feats and monsters.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Joe,

I'm sure something will be done about that.

I know Kat, there will be a 3.5 revision on BoHM and of course the Complete book of Eldritch Might is coming out in a week. Can't wait! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads