• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New DM seeking a good premade campaign

Zakter

First Post
Hi

I am seeking a campaign type adventure (those ones that take pcs from level 1 to 20). I would prefer to have something that is pure dungeon adventure (like undermountain) What products that are currently on the market could you suggest?(3.5 only please)

Caspiar

First Post
A Second vote for the Shackled City Seies...... it can be placed in any world
i have it in Greyhawk.....but it works anywhere.....

Last edited:

Eltern

First Post
I had a thread about this same thing a few days ago (though mine was more RP focused than pure dungeon). Answers I got included basically any and all things made by Necromancer Games (you can easily string a handful together), Shackled City (though I get the impression it's more urban than dungeon), and the Freeport setting.

Is there good fan-made website that talks a lot about the Shackled City? Or a very brief synopsis of how it's gone so far would be nice (balance of RP vs combat, overarching plotlines, if any, etc.). I just have managed to read very far into the storyhours so far. It'd be great to know a few specifics for both myself and the the guy who this thread is actually for :D

Last edited:

D+1

First Post
Rappan Athuk is one that I understand to be somewhat epic in scope, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Worlds Biggest Dungeon (if it's out yet), are the ones that spring to mind other than those mentioned.

clockworkjoe

First Post
Rappan Athuk and its web enhancements start at level 6 or so and go up from there. Level 3 is for level 10 adventurers. It is not for the faint of heart.

JoeGKushner

First Post
For 1st level goods, I'd say, without having read the whole thing, The Lost City of Barakus. Lots of material for a GM to use with the adventurers and long after he's done.

I don't think that we have any single book 1st-20th level adventurers yet. I know that we do have the Shackled City in Dungeon. WoTC also made some adventurers in a "Path" series where some were okay and some ver bad.

I've often found that if you're going to run modules, the best bet is to have read all of the ones you want to run and then create your own links between them.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Since you are a new DM I'd say start with Sunless Citadel and go from there. As far as a campaign setting you are probably best off sticking with the usual suspects... Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk. I prefer Midnight but it is a pretty serious departure from the Classic D&D settings. Midnight does have a pretty good starter module designed to take a party from 1st to 5th level called Crown of Shadows but it really isn't for beginner DMs. They give you the story overview, maps, and details but they do NOT give you the little grey boxes to read to your players. The intent is to give a DM a framework for the game while allowing flexibility for the DM to throw his own ideas in along the way.

If you want pure dungeon crawling why not pick up a copy of Undermountain and adapt it. Most of the monsters have been converted to 3.5 so it wouldn't take that much work. As a long time player and dm I will warn you that I'd get VERY bored with a dungeon crawl that would take me from 1st to 20th level.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads