• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(New Dojo) The Dojo of the Eastwind is Now Open.....

Rathan

First Post
Ariel finds an abondoned temple and feels this would be the best place for a new start to her new dojo...... she starts by hiring a few strong men and start the rebuilding and fixed up the old temple.......

Off to the side....a sparing arena is builts as well....... after all the renovations are finished..... she sticks a sign out front...

"The Dojo of the Eastwind is Now Open"
"Students Wanted"
"Apply Within"

Styles Tought: Dragon, Panther, Thunder, Wolf, Dagger

OoC: I don't get it. What about your old Dojo? As long as you honor-outrank your students there you are still their master. Aren't you? How come you start a new Dojo then? It'll only confuse and I really don't think it's cool. :(

graydoom

First Post
ooc: You aren't up on current events, I see :D. Ariel was corrupted by Kazz't, switched to Sash for a bit, and then was redeemed by Kalanyr.

graydoom

First Post
ooc: Are you sure? IIRC, upon switching paths, prvious dojo/gang connections are completely erased. I could be wrong, though.

OoC: First of all sorry, Rathan, for turning this thread into a rules discussion.

I guess, I don't like the fact that you can erase your past and gain a new by changing paths to and fro. Ariel gained certain skills as a honor if she changes back and forth without going significantly down in rank, she should regain those very same powers. IMO, she should chose those styles that would allow her to resume her path where it was. (if for nothing else then for IC reasons and obligations to other player's characters) It just makes sense to me that way. After all, the powers of a brown belt - for instance - are representative of the cumulative powers gained incrementallt by going thru the tiers before it.

Speaking of which, IMO powers should be lost in the reverse order of which they were gained. A green belt going down to yellow should look the same as he or she did before she went up to green. When changing paths the initial signature style should be the one gained when he or she was leaving Tier 1, not one picked up later.

Anyway, are the members of a disbanded Dojo also free to leave and chose other Dojos? If so, the natural consequence of belonging to a disbanded Dojo should be no dojo signature style.

graydoom

First Post
ooc: Hmmm. I see your point... but YB, however, goes by different rules. If you switch paths like Ariel has... you don't gain back the same powers. You gain the powers as if you were entering the path newly once again. Personally, I'm fine with that.

And a dojo style, once learned by a student, does not vanish. Even if the dojo leader is killed or leaves the path, the students still have their dojo styles, they just can't learn any more from that dojo leader. The students wouldn't currently have a dojo, but they would be able to join a new one the next time they went up a tier, or by the method described in the rules (giving up their current dojo style to join a new dojo).

Remove ads