WotC New Extra Life benefiting children's health: Misplaced Monsters

Proceeds from the collection on D&D Beyond go to childrens' charities

638170900229450367.jpeg

WotC has released a charity book of 6 new monsters over on D&D Beyond. Designed and illustrated by children, the proceeds of Misplaced Monsters: Volume One go to Seattle Children’s Hospital and Seattle Children’s Autism Center. The collection costs $4.95.

The monsters are:
  • Coral
  • Rain
  • Seth the Shapeshifting Dragon
  • Dandylion
  • Scrapper
  • Sheldon the Blueberry Dragon

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
They share the original kids' art that inspired the monster in the actual product

That is so adorable! I love how they took the kids' art, wrote some flavor text (inspired by the kids, no less), provided stats, then gave professional art inspired by the kids' art. That's got to be a huge ego boost for the kids.

Plus, the kids' names are listed in the art credits! I can't tell that the pro art got credited. I'll have to look again.

All in all, this has got to be one of the most fun monster products I've seen in ages. And proceeds are going to a children's hospital Win-win!

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
That is so adorable! I love how they took the kids' art, wrote some flavor text (inspired by the kids, no less), provided stats, then gave professional art inspired by the kids' art. That's got to be a huge ego boost for the kids.

Plus, the kids' names are listed in the art credits! I can't tell that the pro art got credited. I'll have to look again.

All in all, this has got to be one of the most fun monster products I've seen in ages. And proceeds are going to a children's hospital Win-win!
Honestly, they could do a whole monster manual with that concept. I would be a major best seller, I'm sure.

A kid's imagination can create really, really scary critters!

Could even have some new named NPC based on the kids who participated, much like Tasha back then, or Balder in more recent years.

WotC could publish before for a time in D&DBeyond, and later in DMGuild.

It is stranger, because it is simultaneously so proper and impromer. Do let me to explain it. These creatures are radically different with the rest of D&D monsters, but also at the same time it is a sample of the creativity by the players themself. D&D was created to wellcome all the crazy ideas by the fandom. D&D is about creating with your imagination.

* They should appear in a future production of "My Little Pony". Do you agree?

Remove ads

Remove ads