New Fighting Fantasy books by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I got rid of some of my original green spine books I didn't enjoy (Starship Traveller was really poorly designed, sorry not sorry) and regret it, but yeah, I hope the new owners got a lot of pleasure out of them.
I remember Starship Traveller as a nightmare, despite loving the premise. I don't think I was ever able to complete it "fairly".

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Some of them were converted to apps/games on tablets/phones. Dunno if any are still available.
Inkle's four-part Sorcery series is still available, as is Fighting Fantasy Classics, from Tin Man Games. That second app lets you purchase Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Citadel of Chaos, Forest of Doom, City of Thieves, Deathtrap Dungeon, Island of the Lizard King, Caverns of the Snow Witch, House of Hell, Freeway Fighter, Temple of Terror, Trial of Champions, Creature of Havoc, Bloodbones (which might be free through the app) and they've just added Assassins of Allansia. Each book sells for USD 3.99.

The Inkle apps have miniatures and a very high production quality, while the Tin Man adaptation is basically just Kindle with the addition of music and the game components. Tin Man also has at least one other game based on Firetop Mountain that straddles being a miniatures-based exploration game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases