• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Front Page Icons

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Incidentally, when I mentioned the size on the Wiki icon being small, I meant on the smaller icon versions at the top of the forum page - on the front page they look great. I concur that the red back ground thing is kind of annoying, and a good point was made in regard to folks who might be color blind having trouble seeing it.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I often use my browser with it set to not automatically download graphics. Makes it a little more bandwidth friendly at work (and keeps me in less trouble with the systems guys).

The links on the front page, when the icons aren't loaded, don't work in my Firefox (some 2.0.0.3 build).

Brown Jenkin

First Post
The icons are nice but I agree that the ones at the top of the page it is hard to read the text. Perhaps a straight text link under each ones so that they are easier to read.

CapnZapp

Legend
I look forward to seeing the end result! :)

The icons are very neat, but them place-holder red mouse-overs look very crude, and mar the overall impression. I'm sure they're just temporary, though.

Thanee

First Post
Frontpage Icons: Great! :D

Forum Icons: Crappy. They need to be redrawn, not just scaled, if you want them to look professional; especially or at least the text. This way many of them look horrible, I'm afraid.

Red Background: Yes it's too much. I would go with something more like Umbran's suggestion and just use a border. Also, in the forum icon bar, the background does not have the same size for each icon (the last few are narrower).

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads