• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New gaming store in the midwest

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Aulayan said:
Hm, this is going to sound pathetic...

But how close is it to Milwaukee? I have no great local store around here, and with the crosslake ferry coming next year....

Yes, I was right...that does sound pathetic.

Isn't Napoleons still in Shorewood? They were never huge but they always had a pretty good selection.

cjyoung1

Explorer
Aulayan
Cobblestone in Holland wasn't that bad. When I lived there they had a little bit of everything. I don't know if they are still up and running but Troy (guy who worked there) would go out of his way to help me find something.
It's not that far from Muskegon give them a look-see.

Mort said:
Isn't Napoleons still in Shorewood? They were never huge but they always had a pretty good selection.
Yep, they're still there. They have a very good selection.

There's also Adventure Games Plus in West Allis. Selection almost as good as Napoleons.

I don't know which store has the worse parking, though. :D

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
There is no longer an excuse to not have Milwaukee Gamedays! :D

Great store!

James is a great guy and I am glad to finally meet him in person. Support your new FLGS and stop on in. I doubt any RPGer could be disappointed with the service and selection in this fine place.

Last edited:

rpghost

First Post
Hey, thanks Mark. Great meeting you too!

Just got back and had dinner and now to do the customer support email for a few more hours ... whoopie!

Anyway, our opening day when much better then expected. More customers then we hoped for and not nearly as many "problems" as one might expect. Thanks to everyone who came in. We appreciate the support.

As for how far we are from Milwaukee... about 10-15 minutes from downtown by the lake if there isn't rush hour traffic. We're on a busy hwy intersection so it's easy to find.

I'm all for a Milwaukee Game Day. Spoke with Ken and he suggested something in Feburary.

THe hours of the store are 11-8 but on weekends we open an hour earlier and on sunday we close at 6. Of course things make change later.

James
http://www.Game-Universe.com

Last edited:

Jaws

First Post
I stopped in. I didn't buy anything though. I've been buying too many of the D&D plastic miniatures. Very nice people and store. Lots of space and product. I called my friend and told him that Game Universe had the Scorge of Worlds dvd. I don't know if he stopped in or not. Anyway, I'll probably be back November 16. I would be there on the 15th but thats when I'll be running my regular AU game.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

rpghost

First Post
Jaws said:
I called my friend and told him that Game Universe had the Scorge of Worlds dvd. I don't know if he stopped in or not.

Thanks. He did stop in. He said no one in town had it but us and was very happy to get it.

James

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Well, positive reviews all around so far. I’ll have to stop by next time I visit my parents (which will be around Thanksgiving).

Quick question to rpghost: Do you guys stock Knights of the Dinner Table, and if so how’s the selection? I need to find some back issues.

Last edited:

tmaaas

First Post
Well, I had planned on stopping in Saturday, but didn't make it. Got a suprise visit from my parents instead.

I'll probably stop by today; I live only 10-12 min. to the south and shop at the Walmart on Hwy. 100 about once a week.

I'm definitely interested in some game days. I enjoyed the one I went to at Games Plus in Chicago.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads