New Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The stupidest thing ever uttered by a movie executive was "Sure Mr. Lucas... You can keep the merchandising rights and soundtrack royalties."
Not being precognitive doesn't make one stupid. In no way was this down to stupidity. Do you have Apple shares? Does not having them make you stupid?

Another video from Adam. Also, this movie is getting pretty positive reviews already. It may actually be good.

We must be looking at different reviews:

Granted, there are some good reviews out there--I know I'm always waiting with bated breath to hear what the finest minds of IGN have to say--but it's by no means a critical darling. And the problems critics are raising are exactly what some of us were worried about based on the trailers--an overdose of fan service. Though I guess that describes most of the MCU at this point, so maybe this'll be a hit, too. If nothing else the most vocal of the Ghostbuster reboot haters can finally feel seen!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)

Granted, there are some good reviews out there--I know I'm always waiting with bated breath to hear what the finest minds of IGN have to say--but it's by no means a critical darling. And the problems critics are raising are exactly what some of us were worried about based on the trailers--an overdose of fan service. Though I guess that describes most of the MCU at this point, so maybe this'll be a hit, too. If nothing else the most vocal of the Ghostbuster reboot haters can finally feel seen!
The Guardian reviewers tends to be pretty harsh.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is still running 82% positive on RottenTomatoes. That's with 33 reviews counted. So we'll see how it all sorts out, it's early.

The Guardian reviewers tends to be pretty harsh.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is still running 82% positive on RottenTomatoes. That's with 33 reviews counted. So we'll see how it all sorts out, it's early.
Rotten Tomatoes can be a bit sketchy anytime, but especially when something hasn’t hit a ton of critics. If you check the Top Critics reviews on there, which filters out stuff like small or personal blogs, there are a whole lotta splats. Even the NY Post’s review, which I think RT considers Fresh based on whatever mysterious calculation, calls the movie “watchable.” Praise doesn’t get much fainter.

Granted, there are some good reviews out there

Also given how well it seems to have been received by the fans at NYCC, I think it will be fine

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases