New Gothic D&D Storyline To Be Announced On Monday

I've heard from various sources that WotC will be announcing the new storyline on Monday. They've apparently seeded various promotional images to several websites. I don't know any more than that, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know. The below image was apparently sent to The Escapist. Make of it what you will! Looks to me like vampires and ... Ravenloft? (Though if it's not set in the Forgotten Realms, that'd be uncharacteristic.)

I've heard from various sources that WotC will be announcing the new storyline on Monday. They've apparently seeded various promotional images to several websites. I don't know any more than that, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know. The below image was apparently sent to The Escapist. Make of it what you will! Looks to me like vampires and ... Ravenloft? (Though if it's not set in the Forgotten Realms, that'd be uncharacteristic.)

image.jpeg

And Geek & Sundry was sent this piece:

image.jpeg

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
What makes me happiest about this news is that it comes in conjunction with the new availability of shorter adventures. Ravenloft as a setting was never really my thing (though I loved the Masque of the Red Death expansion and played it extensively), but some nice, creepy, easily-insertable Ravenloft adventures sound great.

Osgood

Adventurer
I'm hopeful this is set in Ravenloft and not implying Barovia is a just a county of Cormyr or something (I think the 3.5 Ravenloft adventure had idea for placing Barovia in the major settings).

As I recall, they had a survey tag indicated a lot of people were ready to see non-Realms settings, Ravenloft could be a perfect bridge... The PCs walk into a fog-shrouded alley in Waterdeep and wind up in Ravenloft. Could be a good way to introduce new players to the idea of other worlds.

The fact that anyone can now produce FR material via the DM Guild could point to a winding down of the FR stranglehold. Or that may be wishful thinking.

Von Ether

Legend
Best guess, set in FR with a Unearthed Arcana that offers up Ravenloft rules extension.

Maximum consumer penetration, least amount of playtesting needed since UA Pdfs are inherently experimental.

I'll stick with The Blight, which looks a tad darker than what raven loft was (i have the box set and module) .

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/conten...nnounced-On-Monday#.VppRAN9OnqC#ixzz3xPwqs0BJ

Ravenloft greatly expanded in later iterations to incorporate differt types of evil dreadlords and themes. Or can be darker than the blight or much more subtly depending upon the location you choose.

I hope it's Ravenloft...I'm planning to run the guys into a conversion for it (using the ruins of Coneyberry as a kind of Brigadoon portal to the place), so this might be rather exciting timing...fingers crossed!!!

Remove ads

Remove ads