New Gothic D&D Storyline To Be Announced On Monday

I've heard from various sources that WotC will be announcing the new storyline on Monday. They've apparently seeded various promotional images to several websites. I don't know any more than that, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know. The below image was apparently sent to The Escapist. Make of it what you will! Looks to me like vampires and ... Ravenloft? (Though if it's not set in the Forgotten Realms, that'd be uncharacteristic.)

I've heard from various sources that WotC will be announcing the new storyline on Monday. They've apparently seeded various promotional images to several websites. I don't know any more than that, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know. The below image was apparently sent to The Escapist. Make of it what you will! Looks to me like vampires and ... Ravenloft? (Though if it's not set in the Forgotten Realms, that'd be uncharacteristic.)

image.jpeg

And Geek & Sundry was sent this piece:

image.jpeg

Klaudius Rex

Explorer
CURSE OF STRAHD PRESS ASSETS

ARTICLE - 01/14/2016

Wizards of the Coast announced Curse of Strahd, a new Dungeons & Dragons adventure set in Castle ... the authors of the original Ravenloft adventure published in 1983, Curse of Strahdpits players against ... the vampire Strahd von Zarovich. Curse of Strahd will be available to everyone on March 15, 2016. 01/11/2016 ...

MORE INFO

RETURN TO RAVENLOFT

ARTICLE - 01/14/2016

News Today, Wizards of the Coast announced Curse of Strahd, a new Dungeons & Dragons adventure ... and Laura Hickman, the authors of the original Ravenloft adventure published in 1983, Curse of Strahd pits ... players against the vampire Strahd von Zarovich. Curse of Strahdwill be available to everyone on March ...

RETURN TO RAVENLOFT

ARTICLE - 01/14/2016

Madam Eva. Drawing random cards from her tarroka deck, she directs adventurers to search Strahd’s domain ... the power of Madam Eva for yourself. D&D fans can have their own distinct fortunes read each day ... by retweeting the official [MENTION=17465]Wizard[/MENTION]s_DnD Twitter account using the hashtag #DNDFortune. Madam Eva’s fortunes 

so its offical then...
RAVENLOFT!

gyor

Legend
I'll point out that Ravenloft was tossed into the Shadowfell in 4e making it much more reachable by those in FR, its just a matter of a planeshift spell to the Shadowfell and start searching for the mists.

Still it has to start in FR proper otherwise it will be useless to the Adventurer's League.

darjr

I crit!
And the Hickmans are involved! So who ever groused about this 'outsourcing', well, I love this 'outsourcing'!

Last edited by a moderator:

pukunui

Legend
Tiamat is very much a part of the Forgotten Realms, mainly worshiped far to the south-east of the Sword Coast, but still a small church exists. And the main antagonists, the Cult of the Dragon, has been reoccuring villans for some time.
There's more to it even that that. Tiamat's takeover of the cult has been a long time coming. There are references to her church trying to infiltrate the cult in the old 2e Cult of the Dragon sourcebook. There are also numerous other bits of foreshadowing in various 3e FR books, like Dragons of Faerun.

The elemental cultists sound very much like Greyhawk, but in this case there was no single Temple of Elemental Evil, just 4 different cult groups threatening the region.
Yes and no. The cults' temples are all part of one big complex, and there's the fane and the elemental nodes beneath it. And there's the Elder Elemental Eye behind it all. And the old ToEE mod is specifically called out as PotA's inspiration in its foreword.

aramis erak

Legend
Clarification: "Storyline" here means, "a series of modules released through the Adventurers' Leage", correct? - I am terribly out of the loop when it comes to 5e.

A 6 month long group of releases, including...
  • A storyline driving hardcover adventure path
  • A series of D&D AL modules linked to the theme, including a portion of the Adventure Path
  • some form of rules expansion; potentially just an appendix to the path, possibly a PDF, or a hardcover
  • a new expansion for the computer games, if practical, setting linked, otherwise, merely thematically linked
  • Potentially, new waves for the minis games.
  • Potentially, new boardgames on the storyline's setting.

Remove ads

Remove ads