• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New leak looks real bad

Clint_L

Hero
Anyone who pays any kind of monthly fee to play any RPG is a sucker in my book.
I know - people who don't like the exact things I do - crazy, amirite?

Seriously, I do not for the life of me see what the issue is here. The price is what it is, and people will buy it or they won't. If they buy it, then it was worth it to them, and who are we to judge? As I posted earlier, people pay small fortunes for season tickets to watch sportsball, and I completely do not understand the appeal, but that doesn't make them suckers. I'm sure they'd look at my shelves of miniatures and terrain and be just as confused.

Maybe we could stop judging other folks for doing their own thing with their own money? Like, I grew up being judged as a loser for playing D&D and reading comic books, so I know it doesn't feel great.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Awesome, I hope you enjoy that solution. For my group, those aren't sufficient options at this time.
I play around a table with books and paper. Old school. I’m glad a virtual options exist now-a-days though.

Free virtual tabletop and PDFs is less of an option than a paid service that has a tabletop and PDFs? Alrighty. Like their computers only work if using a paid service? No PDF reader installed? You know best, whatever works for you.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I know - people who don't like the exact things I do - crazy, amirite?

Seriously, I do not for the life of me see what the issue is here. The price is what it is, and people will buy it or they won't. If they buy it, then it was worth it to them, and who are we to judge? As I posted earlier, people pay small fortunes for season tickets to watch sportsball, and I completely do not understand the appeal, but that doesn't make them suckers. I'm sure they'd look at my shelves of miniatures and terrain and be just as confused.

Maybe we could stop judging other folks for doing their own thing with their own money? Like, I grew up being judged as a loser for playing D&D and reading comic books, so I know it doesn't feel great.
My point is, you can do it virtually for FREE.

Remove ads