New "Lore On Giants" Preview from Volo's Guide to Monsters

There's a new preview of the upcoming Volo's Guide to Monsters available from WotC. This one-page preview contains traits, ideals, bonds, and flaws for NPC giants. This joins the previous preview, which features the book's preface from Volo. The 224-page hardcover book lists stores on November 15th (and, presumably, preferred stores 11 days earlier on November 4th).

There's a new preview of the upcoming Volo's Guide to Monsters available from WotC. This one-page preview contains traits, ideals, bonds, and flaws for NPC giants. This joins the previous preview, which features the book's preface from Volo. The 224-page hardcover book lists stores on November 15th (and, presumably, preferred stores 11 days earlier on November 4th).

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 18.36.07.png

SaveSave

flametitan

Explorer
Like I said in the previous thread, this new preview seems to suggest that the heavily in character tone of the preface was limited to the preface.

Here Elminster is significantly less snarky, and you aren't having to sift through Volo's dialect, for the most part.

machineelf

Explorer
Oh lordy. Can't we just get a normal Monster Manual 2 without all this nonsense hold-me-by-the-hand fluff?

The WOTC team did such a great job initially with 5th edition, but the last four products they've put out (with the exception of The Curse of Strahd, which was excellent) have been more than disappointing.

Oh lordy. Can't we just get a normal Monster Manual 2 without all this nonsense hold-me-by-the-hand fluff?

The WOTC team did such a great job initially with 5th edition, but the last four products they've put out (with the exception of The Curse of Strahd, which was excellent) have been more than disappointing.

What are you even talking about. What is your complaint about this page.

Reinhart

First Post
This is the first preview in recent memory where I'm genuinely curious to read more. Random roleplaying traits for my NPC's and monsters are something I can actually use to make my games more interesting.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
I feel [MENTION=6774924]secondhander[/MENTION]'s pain, but I actually think this looks pretty useful and interesting.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It feels niche. Like their most recent adventure.

Which is OK, someone will like it, I am sure. But a more straight-forward MMII would probably appeal to a broader audience.

Remove ads

Remove ads