WotC New M:tG set announced: "Adventures in the Forgotten Realms"

I had forgotten it, and it's silver border. I mean cybertronians with a look of Kaladeshian vehicles. It's different (and a possible crossover comic published by IDW).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It feels like the big question in terms of named characters is if there are any it wouldn't be a major change in story for. Other worldly planeswalkers showing up doesn't seem a big deal (don't things from other dimensions show up now and then?). Making an important FR character suddenly planeswalk in the MTG way just to integrate universes seems bad to me.

Don't most MtG sets have most planeswalkers be ones that continue from a previous world, with only one (or two) that are newly introduced?

As far as selling product, it feels like making the named characters be Legendary Creatures (and so usable as commanders) might be even a bigger thing. Given the focus on commander lately, they could have a few (2? 5?) commander products instead of the Planeswalker decks and dodge this bullet.

Yeah, I would in general think Commander is a better fit, but the Magic intro product line has been in such flux who can say: and there is something about Vi...

Yeah, Vi seems near BUILT for this crossover. An Eberron gnome with ties to Sigil, Waterdeep, AND Ravnica. Either Crawford is trying to push his own equivalent to Mordenkainen or she's been created specifically to be the Great Wheel's Planeswalker rep.

Hell, or both, honestly.

The plot will be about the proffesor Why (from the module "Castle Greyhawk") contacting with the time dragons and chronomancers for a multiverse secret crisis causing the fusion of some Hasbro's franchises.

Remove ads