• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Magic item (My players stay out)

Davek

First Post
Spatzimaus said:
This already exists, in the Psionics Handbook.

We don't normally use psionics in my campaign, as I have historically had great aversion to psionics. Maybe it is time for me to 'expand my horizons' ;)

Spatzimaus

First Post
Davek said:
We don't normally use psionics in my campaign, as I have historically had great aversion to psionics. Maybe it is time for me to 'expand my horizons' ;)

Well, the 3E Psionics is nothing like the old AD&D stuff. It's basically just a reworking of the Sorcerer class, although the Psion is a bit underpowered and the Psychic Warrior is a pretty strong class in its own right. Their weakest point is their lack of splatbooks full of Prestige Classes and new powers, but if you use the Mind's Eye webpages from WotC it all works out nicely.

The point here, though, is that you've got two enchantments that use common spells (teleport and plane shift), so you could easily say that there's an arcane version that does the same thing. They're in the SRD, too, so you don't even need to buy more books if you want more information.

FoxWander

Adventurer
Well if it's just a major inconvenience you want- how about shooting them with hollow glass arrows filled with Sovereign Glue? :D

cbas-10

First Post
Well, there is also the point made in the DMG regarding pricing for new magic items and ad hoc adjustments for various desired effects. I'd say that using Teleport as a base spell for construction would work; then add say 75% to 100% of that component's cost to the item again (for allowing it to be used against an unwilling subject; Will save and SR would apply).

Or...to cut down on cost and required spellcaster level, use Dimension Door instead. Less lethal and geared more towards being a nuisance.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Another great Psionic power is Time Hop. If I recall correctly, it pushes its target forward in time 2d4 rounds (with a Will save perhaps?). This could be a similar inconvenience.

-- N

Another magic item idea

Just throw a bead of force at the mage. Reflex save to avoid and takes them out of the picture for 10mins.

One conceivably could have a bead of force that extra time/money went into its preparation so the Reflex saving throw is a bit more steep. (not impossible, but a real challenge for their level if you wish)

Lifebane Soulshadow *

Remove ads