• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New marilith/balor pictures

LGodamus

First Post
Though the pic is to small for me to comment on the details...the technical skill appears to be there , but the conceptual design on the marilith is lacking from what has been in the past, but the balor looks pretty bad azz....

Gez

First Post
Hello Syunsuke!

Syunsuke said:
I know only some(small) part of you like anime-style art, but I can't resist :D

They are too cute to be demons! And only the shinobi one looked adult...

daTim

First Post
I agree, it is too small to tell any real details about the Marilith. Perhaps the artist wanted it too look like a young sickly girls body, so it would just be that much more repulsive (hopefully).

As far as the Balor, I couldnt have imagined it much better, although I always envisioned them wreathed in flames.

kkoie

First Post
I think its rather amusing that the illustrator copied a lot of the visual qualities of the Balrog from LOTR when he did the Balor. IF you notice, it looks a heck of a lot like him. Change the horns, and more body flames, and we have a shorter version of the Balron.

As for the Marilith, I think it looks cool.

The_Gneech

Explorer
kkoie said:
I think its rather amusing that the illustrator copied a lot of the visual qualities of the Balrog from LOTR when he did the Balor. IF you notice, it looks a heck of a lot like him.

The balor? A copy of the balrog, except with a non-lawsuit-generating name?

Couldn't possibly be!

-The Gneech :cool:

SimonMoon5

First Post
I also am not fond of the new marilith. Imho, it looks like the illustrator chose to add serpentine qualities to the face to make a more integrated creature (rather than a somewhat unrealistic patchwork monster), like those illustrators who give centaurs horselike facial features.

Remove ads