New Member Sign Up Thread!

Nyaricus

First Post
hey everyone.

Well, heres a brief synopsis of my gaming experience. Basically, i have always had an advanced reading level > i was at a grade 12 reading level in grade 5, so i have always had a vast store of knowledge and, yes, imagination. In grade 6, my best buddy introduced me to a game called, you guessed it, D&D. It had been his neighbors, and this fellow had just given it away to my friend. It was a AD&D player's handbook and a myth drannor adventure pack - and boy did we make good use of it. Then, in grade 7, we smartened up and realised "hey, a newer addition is coming out" so we went out, and bought a few books and such - eventually getting into forgotten realms. i player with these guys till mid-grade 10 - when they all became a bunch of *ssh*l*s (would you like to buy a vowel) and cokeheads (literally). So, i languished with few friends, mostly creating my own cmapign setting until this febuary - at my birthday party. there, i had gathered a group of buddies, some new, some old, and i DMed my first game in my newly unveiled campaign setting. Everyone of those guys got hooked on it, and now we are having a blast. The people coming (and, in specific, who came) and going has fluctuated from the original group of 6, but i am now DMing a group of 8 guys, and things are going great in many areas of my life. Finishing my last year of high school, i have a girlfriend of 1 year and 9 months, play D&D every saturday, steady part-time job and yeah, likeing life in general.

So, take that as my application, if you please :D

Welcome to the GMF Nyaricus. Always good to have new members. Feel free to wander around the forums and get to know the other members. We're in the middle of a bit of a lull at the moment, but it should pick up again soon.

Nyaricus

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Welcome to the GMF Nyaricus. Always good to have new members. Feel free to wander around the forums and get to know the other members. We're in the middle of a bit of a lull at the moment, but it should pick up again soon.
Thanks for the A.O.K. Blade of Destruction, i like what i see here in the GMF. It's very small, which is something i really like - you won't get everyone and their dog throwing in an opinion :p

and yeah, i just realised my post sounded pretty dour and grim (and i also sounded a bit conceited with the reading level comment :S ). Sorry bout that - I'm usually a pretty humble and cheerful guy. Hmm, must have been an odd mood alighting that hour :p

Nyaricus said:
Thanks for the A.O.K. Blade of Destruction, i like what i see here in the GMF. It's very small, which is something i really like - you won't get everyone and their dog throwing in an opinion :p

and yeah, i just realised my post sounded pretty dour and grim (and i also sounded a bit conceited with the reading level comment :S ). Sorry bout that - I'm usually a pretty humble and cheerful guy. Hmm, must have been an odd mood alighting that hour :p
Not at all, sounded like your getting a kick out of life, which is always a good thing. And the reading level comment didn't sound arrogant, I had the same thing back in third grade, heh heh heh (I also had two or three friends back then, but thats another story)... :]

Nyaricus

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Not at all, sounded like your getting a kick out of life, which is always a good thing. And the reading level comment didn't sound arrogant, I had the same thing back in third grade, heh heh heh (I also had two or three friends back then, but thats another story)... :]
woot, i am not the only guy with a gooder read-a-ma-thing level-er (ahem ahem :p). Yeah, :):):):) happens, then you die, but i bet i will die DMing (well, thats the hope anyways :p)

Now, i think i am going to help out with that near-dead grendel post in the next few days . . .

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Nyaricus welcome to the GMF!!!

Worry not about your reading comment, heck I'm willing to bet at least half of the D&D connoseiurs (sp?) out there would have a similar thing to say anyway...
[sblock]Including myself...[/sblock]
Glad to have you.

Remove ads