• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New previews!!!

AngryMojo

First Post
One thing that I wonder is how nice that paperback will look after a year of use.

I've been dealing with Savage Worlds for a while, and the current edition of that game does the digest-sized paperbacks. They can hold up well, but you need to treat them well. If you're the type of person who cracks the spines in paperbacks, be prepared to have your books fall apart. If you're the type of person who can read a paperback and then return it with nobody the wiser, they'll hold up fine.

Truth be told, it just really encourages you to prep everything in personal notes beforehand.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I like boxed sets, but ugh, I just do not like tokens. (apparently in a small minority) Maybe my kids would like them...... Or I could Ebay them....

The books do look nice, but apparently Amazon Japan is not going to sell boxed sets, so that is gonna be a barrier for me to get them.

I am glad to see WOTC going for something that might be more mas market than previous products. A wider net is a good idea.

Festivus

First Post
The digest sized book will be great for the Rules Compendium. My overstuffed bag for gamedays can get a few pounds lighter (and really I only carry my 4E PHB for 4E games)... it's that Pathfinder book that weighs me down :)

Pour

First Post
On the new DM Screen, are those numbers on the far left DCs per level? I'm running a game currently for lvl 13 and the DCs looks different than the stuff I've seen in the latest errata. Easy 14, Moderate 20, Hard 29? Or are those actually the new numbers and I've just missed the memo.

Grydan

First Post
From the DM Kit picture, I must say that Grabbed is a welcome addition to the Conditions list on the DM screen. It's long annoyed me that it wasn't there. Also added is Removed From Play, which is nice.

Adventures in both boxes is a nice touch.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads