D&D 5E New products featuring Vistani will be?

Coroc

Hero
So please use the other threads existent to discuss depiction of Vistani in D&D, in this thread I only want to read your speculations what the two Ravenloft or other products might be published by WotC based on that official announcement about diversity

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Traveler's guide to the Shadowfell:

In this book we follow a caravan of Vistani (which is now a Background you can pick, just like it was a template in 4e; any race could be Vistani, since they welcome any lost traveler in the Mist willing to learn their customs) through the Shadowfell, where the demi-planes/prisons are located. We see Gloomwrought and the Palace of memories of the Raven Queen and a brief overview of the different prisons of the darklords and tables for the Dark Power effects in the region.

We also receive nice tables to make the dark-mirror version of your cities on the prime material plane, with Neverwinter/Evernight as an example.

The second book is X guide to Innistrad, where we pick off where we left our fellow Vistanis and now we use the mist to visit this MTG plane, with expanded sanity rules, corrupted monster template etc

Tales and Chronicles

If it be some other Ravenloft domain adventure path, what could it be? Something with werewolves eventually? We hadn't had werecreatures featured yet.

That would be nice. Higher level lycanthropes are sorely missing from the roster of monsters. Is there a lycanthrope centric domain?

I'm no expert of the older modules, but could a reboot of Desert of Desolation set in that one domain inspired by not-Egypt with mummies and stuff be feasible?

Hoffmand

Explorer
Ravenloft islands of terror would be a perfect supplement to update to 5E. Lots of short adventure and scenarios to work into any campaign. Great for ravenloft. And yet can fit into another setting as a small adventure traveling through new lands or recluse areas with little modifications.

Last edited:

Tales and Chronicles

Ravenloft islands of terror would be a perfect supplant to update to 5E. Lots of short adventure and scenarios to work into any campaign. Great for ravenloft. And yet can fit into another setting as a small adventure traveling through new lands or recluse areas with little modifications.

That could work great with Coroc's idea of a lycanthrope centric campaign: the island is still unstable because the occupying lord hasnt proved to be fully fallen. The players can help the lycans to redeem themselves, dissipating the island or push the lycans to embrass their curse, stabilizing the island in the core cluster as another domain.

I love campaigns with alternate endings.

Hoffmand

Explorer
That could work great with Coroc's idea of a lycanthrope centric campaign: the island is still unstable because the occupying lord hasnt proved to be fully fallen. The players can help the lycans to redeem themselves, dissipating the island or push the lycans to embrass their curse, stabilizing the island in the core cluster as another domain.

I love campaigns with alternate endings.
I like to hear how people adapt something to for their table.

Remove ads