New products?

AllisterH

First Post
From the Monster Builder gets updated thread...

Actually, if you look through the Monster Builder by source, you'll see:

Advanced Dungeon Master's Guide
Player Options: Heroes of the Feywild
Never Winter Nights Campaign Setting
Expansions for the Ravenloft game
and some other books we already knew about (Heroes of Shadow, and D&D Gazetteer) are also listed in the source.

So..thoughts?

Advanced DMG I suspect is going to be DMG 3.

Kinda wondering why expansions for the Ravenloft game (I assume this is the board game) would actually be compatible with D&D.

Neverwinter Nights...One city as a campaign setting...Kind of works since many of the main city expansions in various lines usually have enough material for one meaty boxed set (Waterdeep, City of Delights, Rock of Bral etc...)

TirionAnthion

First Post
While it might refer to the board game, this reference most likely refers to the Ravenloft material coming out next summer/fall. It was mentioned at Gen con. It is supposed to be a stand alone boxed product that is also compatible with 4e.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Advanced DMG I suspect is going to be DMG 3.

Woot, a DMG. So at least one of the three pillars remains intact.

Kinda wondering why expansions for the Ravenloft game (I assume this is the board game) would actually be compatible with D&D.

It's not the board game. There was a standalone D&D-compatible Ravenloft RPG announced at GenCon and slated for release this winter, but it has vanished from the product catalog. Play as vampires, werewolves, mummies, sort of thing. Same kind of idea as Gamma World.

Neverwinter Nights...

Oh, the product tie-ins, they burn... they burn... There's no soul left in the development of this game.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Neverwinter nights they have been hyping for a while.

ADMG. Hmm. Could be a follow up to the DM Kit that updates stuff not there (skill challenges, traps, monster customization, but maybe also high level play) so more like DMG2.5

Jhaelen

First Post
My guesses:

Advanced Dungeon Master's Guide - an Essentialized reprint of DMG2.
Player Options: Heroes of the Feywild - an Essentialized reprint of Primal Power
Never Winter Nights Campaign Setting - an Essentialized reprint of the FRCS
Expansions for the Ravenloft game - an Essentialized reprint of the Ravenloft game ;)

I guess Advanced DM guide might include errated guidelines for monster and NPC building. Which is the most obvious ommission of the essentialss line.

Jack99

Adventurer
It's not the board game. There was a standalone D&D-compatible Ravenloft RPG announced at GenCon and slated for release this winter, but it has vanished from the product catalog. Play as vampires, werewolves, mummies, sort of thing. Same kind of idea as Gamma World.

Just to be clear on one thing. The Ravenloft game was announced at Gen-Con, and slated for next winter release (Q4 2011). It was never announced for this winter.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Woot, a DMG. So at least one of the three pillars remains intact.

They are pretty much keeping up with most of the pillars, just avoiding the numbers. They seem to be doing more Monster Vaults, which are basically Monster Manuals + Tokens. They are doing a new Adventurer's Vault under a new name. Now I'm not sure if the various player's options books like Heroes of Shadow (which will apparently have at least one new race in it) or Heroes of the Heroic Tier, etc ... would count as being PHB replacements, X Power replacements, or a combination of the two ... I guess they are probably more like the 3e splat books like Complete Scoundrel with variations on a theme.

Remove ads