New Release: Battlemap Tiles

merchantsteve

Explorer
Well!
My first attempt to destroy (umm dethrone) Skeleton Key Games is out. What a tough project. But I hope that everyone will appreciate the new art. Now back to Goblins!

max_bodycount

First Post
I just downloaded the bonus tile and like the layered aspect. I know that other companies are already doing this but, as far as I know, SkeletonKey is not. SK has nice tilesets of which I have quite a few but competition is never a bad thing and I believe that Myth Merchants is on the right path.

I am a little concerned about the 6x9 square format only because square tiles are easier to arrange/re-arrange but Fat Dragon makes tiles in 8x8 which is pretty large.

Too bad we cannot have an industrial standard...

Keep up the great work, MM!

Irondeacon

First Post
OK Steve, I'm in love. I randomly came accross the Desert Ruin Select a Scene at RPG Now, then Trouble in Tallreed Waters, plus the positive review by Greywulf, and now I've spent the last 45 minutes registering on the Myth Merchant Press and EN World sites, (I'll walk a mile out of my way to avoid registering), just so I can be sure to not miss any of your future releases.

I don't believe in giving advice to someone whose talents are so obviously above my own, but how about a request? More Select a Scene releases!! I'll buy them as fast as you produce them, and as often as my wife (Keeper of the Royal Exchequer) allows.

Like Max, I prefer the flexability of a square tile, and 6x6 works well for me. I also look forward to any product that ties Tall Reed together with your Select a Scene line.

Well, I better go tell the wife what's happened to our budget. Did anyone see where I laid the +5 Bowl of Chocolate Icecream Attonement down at?

Very Respectfully, TheDeacon

merchantsteve

Explorer
Thanks!
I suppose you haven't heard, but I am hip deep in writing and designing battlemaps for the 4e conversion of EN Publishing's "War of the Burning Sky". Until I get a chance to breathe, the Selectascene stuff is on hold. I will certainly be revisiting it, especially after all the art I'm doing for WotBS! It'll just be awhile.
But thanks for the kind words. They keep me going. One thing you can look forward to will be a 3.5 version of Tankard Tales - Willowbarks. The 4e GSL has loosened the restrictions on 3.5 product, so I can actually sell both 3.5 and 4.0 stuff at the same time in the same product line.
Anyway, I'm tired and need sleep.
Thanks again,

Remove ads