• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Release... What are they thinking?

Andor

First Post
They've announced a rules compendium for 3.5 here.

This sounds like a potentially fantastic product. But I have to wonder who the hell is going to buy it with 4e just around the corner? :\

Midknightsun

Explorer
*raises hand*

Even though I plan to check out 4e, a rules compendium for 3.5, if done right, would be a nice way to round out my 3.5 collection.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I will be, and a few of my two group's players will too. We're looking forward to it, as up till now every 4e newspiece that keeps coming out simply consists of "you're too dumb to play D&D, and the edition you have now stinks", and we're planning on happily playing 3.5 for the foreseeable future.

Midknightsun said:
*raises hand*

Even though I plan to check out 4e, a rules compendium for 3.5, if done right, would be a nice way to round out my 3.5 collection.
Ditto.

By the way, it was announced a long time ago, well before 4e's announcement.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Andor said:
They've announced a rules compendium for 3.5 here.

This sounds like a potentially fantastic product. But I have to wonder who the hell is going to buy it with 4e just around the corner? :\
Me. I the hell am going to buy it :D.

Khairn

First Post
I guess the hope is that those sticking with 3.5 will buy it as its the last 3.5 product being published, and that those switching to 4E will buy it because ... they want to complete their collections I would guess.

It does seem a little odd, but hey we're in the middle of a transition right now and these things have to be expected.

I do agree with DM_Jeff. Spending the last few weeks promoting 4E by telling us all the bad things about 3.5 that they will be fixing seems like an odd way to encourage any sales of the Rules Compendium.

Remove ads