New series of cheap VTT maps

I've launched an ongoing series of maps designed for virtual tabletops. Each map is 40 squares by 40 squares, large enough for a random encounter or small dungeon crawl. The nice part is that each map is only 50 cents.

Links to DrivethruRPG.com:

Map #1 - The Lost Sacristy
Map #2 - The Obfuscated Cavern
Map #3 - The Blasted Demense
Map #4 - The Sanguine Thorp

I'm hoping to keep the series going at a rate of one or two new maps weekly.
Incidentally, if anyone has any ideas for maps they'd like to see, let me know. I can't promise anything, but I'm always looking for ideas for original maps.

GDGDTM1 - Cover.JPGGDGDTM2 - Cover.JPGGDGDTM3 - Cover.JPGGDGDTM4 - Cover.JPG

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Always good to have more options.

If you are going to put these out on a schedule, you should consider Patreon. It may take awhile for you to build up much of a following, but as you put out more content and show that you are producing on a regular basis, you are likely to gain subscribers.

One thing that would be a nice way to differentiate yourself from the hoard of digital battlemaps is to include print friendly version.

For example the PDF version from book of lairs is set up so that you can print to 1" scale and it comes out nice without any manipulation in a graphics program or having to mess with PDF settings. You only have to trim the white space.

BUT trimming the white space is still time consuming.

If you can add cut files for use with a Silhouette or Cricket paper cutting machine that would enhance the value.

Fat Dragon Games is the only company that I can think of that provides cut files for their battlemaps, but you have to get those from the forums.

As for the samples in your post, the last one, #4 the Sanguine Thorp, is the most appealing to me. #1 and #2 are least appealing. There a SOOOOOOO many cavern, cave, and old-school dungeon battlemaps available, many for free, that something really needs to stand out for me to buy any more. Maybe if you had print-friendly images and cutfiles, but even then, I just have so many. What is missing are villiages and sections of settled areas that have both the outside and inside of the building. I love 0One's Village of Heavan's ring as an example, but smaller areas like your Sanguine Thorp would be helpful for encounters that take part in a section of village or town.

As for the Blasted Demense (#3), I would like it more if there was "stuff" in the rooms. I'm kinda tired of sparce empty ruins and dungeons. As an example of something more inspiring, see Jared Blando's "Large Story Driven Encounter Maps": https://www.patreon.com/TheRedEpic/posts

I think you would be better off spending more times on your maps and havaing a monthly release schedule, rather than weekly and increasing the cost for your maps a bit.

Just some thoughts from someone who spends far too much money on Kickstarter, Patreon, and Drive Thru RPG on terrain and battlemaps.

Remove ads