New Template - Metal Creature

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Abilitiy Scores: +4 Constitution

Immunity to Electricity: Metal creatures take no damage from electricity. Their bodies conduct it harmlessly into the ground and air around them.

Natural Weapons:Metal creatures posess extraordinary dene bones and tissues. From birth, their fingernails have a metallic sheen and an incredible sharpness. These claws grow longer and harder with age. A meatl creature deals lethal damage with an unarmed strike, and they do not provoke an attack of opportunity for making unarmed attacks, even if they opt to deal nonlethal damage. A metal creature that takes levels in a class that increases the base damage die for unarmed strkies (such as the monk) is even more fearsome: Their unarmed strike deal unarmed damage one step higher than normal. For example, a 1st level metal creature monk deals 1d8 damage with their unarmed strike, up one step form 1d6. Each time the unarmed damage die increases, it remains one step above normal.

When the metal creature reaches 12th level, their claws transform completely into adamantine.

Damage Reduction: At 5th level, a metal creature gains damage reduction 1/-. This stacks with any damage reduction gained from other class abilities. At tenth level and every 5 levels after the metal creatures gains a + 1/- bonus to their damage reduction.

Spell-like Abilities: Metal creatures gain a number of spell-like abilities as they increase in experience. At 1st level a metal creature can produce magic stone once per day. At 8th level, the metal creature has more potent spell-like abilities: 2/day magic stone, 1/day meld into stone, protection form energy, stone shape. At 15th level, the metal creatures spell-like abilities increase one last time: 2/day magic stone, meld into stone, protection from energy, 1/day call lightning, stone shape, wall odf stone. Caster level equals the metal creatures caster level, save DC = 10 + spell level + metal creature's Charisma modifier.

+2 racial bonus on Concentration checks: Metal creatures have an uncanny ability to focus on an important task under distracting circumstances.

+2 racial bonus on Craft (armorsmithing), Craft (blacksmithing) and Craft (weaponsmithing) checks: Metal creatures have a ntural aptitude for working with metal.

Automatic Languages: Metal creatures automatically start play knowing Terran and their base racial tongue(s).

Favored Class: All metal creatures have Monk as their favored class.

Level Adjustment: +3

Inspiration: Metal Elf from Bow & Blade

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, interesting. I might have to add this one to my compiled templates Word document. Very interesting possibilities. :]

One thing, however. This template seems designed only for humanoids or other creatures that gain class levels. What about for regular monsters. Specfically, if I wanted to add this template to, say, I don't know, maybe a bulette. :eek:

Last edited:

Gleodry

First Post
just as an expansion sugestion, maybe you could expand it so that it takes into account types of metals, such as lead or copper, however its still very good as it is. well done

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Knightfall1972 said:
One thing, however. This template seems designed only for humanoids or other creatures that gain class levels. What about for regular monsters. Specfically, if I wanted to add this template to, say, I don't know, maybe a bulette. :eek:
Equate the levels to hit dice beyond creatures base, this would be my suggesstion. For example, if the bulette added an additional 15 HD, through whatever source, it would have all the benefits of this template.

the Jester

Legend
Hey Fru, I'm officially adding this to the index... what do you think for a CR adjustment?

I'm saying, hmm, +1 or +2? Comparing a 1st level metal human monk vs. a 3rd level monk... hmm... I'll say +1 for now, for purposes of the index. ;)

JC Denton

First Post
Odd...intriguing...room for personal adjustments...I like it!

I also like Gleodry's suggestion of different metals. I personally would like to see a silver creature of metal.

Remove ads