D&D 4E New to 4e, and D&D in general. Could use some help with my gnome bard build.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The DC comics character Etrigan is what they called a Rhyming Demon- as you might expect, he spoke in rhymes. Not that your guy is a demon or anything, but a "simple" shtick like that could be a good launch point.

Vadriar

First Post
Thanks for all the help guys, I'm really looking forward to playing this bard. I could use some help thinking of a backstory/personality for him, does anyone have some suggestions? Also, is Summer Rhymer a useful paragon path, or would I be better off taking another? It seemed pretty good to me.

Summer Rhymer is good. Bigger heals, solid powers. Cunning Prevaricator is also good, you can make people invisible. Try making a defender invisible, it's awesome. Especially if you have a Hospitaler Paladin, who can heal anyone who is attacked by something he has marked.

For my Cunning Bard, I'm staying with the charm theme, so I multiclassed Fey Warlock and am planning to pick up Entrancing Mystic.

But! if this is your first character, and your group is new, you do not need to worry about Paragon Paths just yet. It can take over a year of playing for you to reach level 11. In that year you'll learn a lot about the party and what fits within it. You'll have more than enough time to figure it out.

Remove ads