New Tribe 8 game

babi_gog

Explorer
Looks like the folks at Dream Pod 9 have a new version of the post apocalyptic world of the Tribes coming back in a Forged in the Dark version. More details about the new version can be found here

So I'm a fan of the old stuff and find it a fascinating world and setting to play in, so I wait to see what this new world comes up with. Any others who like the setting hiding here.

I love the world of Heavy Gear. Don't love Blades in the Dark, but a turn towards more modern RPG sensibilities is needed (and I hope they can make the painful-but-necessary move to a streamlined wargame eventually).
Tribe 8 is definitely a long distance from Heavy Gear. They are not that similar!

For what it's worth, FitD doesn't seem to be the best fit for the kind of mecha gaming that Heavy Gear supports, but then again I guess I could see the Beam Saber RPG covering that ground...

aramis erak

Legend
Tribe 8 is definitely a long distance from Heavy Gear. They are not that similar!

For what it's worth, FitD doesn't seem to be the best fit for the kind of mecha gaming that Heavy Gear supports, but then again I guess I could see the Beam Saber RPG covering that ground...
The original mechanics are almost identical... the settings, quite different.

I ran a Tribe 8 campaign a long time ago. My players loved it, talked about it for years. The 1st Edition layout was intensely inefficient in transmitting background information, but I understand they cleaned it up in later editions.

RivetGeekWil

Lead developer Tribes in the Dark
I ran a Tribe 8 campaign a long time ago. My players loved it, talked about it for years. The 1st Edition layout was intensely inefficient in transmitting background information, but I understand they cleaned it up in later editions.
They did clean things up a bit in T8 2e, but they saddled the game with a revised system called SilCore which required a separate rulebook...so it didn't help matters much. They also moved the setting from Vimary to Capal, advancing the timeline significantly.

They did clean things up a bit in T8 2e, but they saddled the game with a revised system called SilCore which required a separate rulebook...so it didn't help matters much. They also moved the setting from Vimary to Capal, advancing the timeline significantly.
So this version is going to be about Vimary?

The problem with Vimary was that it was completely surrounded by hostile forces. Late in our year-long campaign, that created considerable trouble for me.

Remove ads