New trick with Iron body?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
tarkin said:
Are you allowed to cast telekinesise after casting Iron Body? isn't there some kind of no casting while the Iron Body spell is active rule?

Off the top of my head, no verbal components and an arcane failure of 50%.

Edit: I just checked. It strongly implies but does not state the restriction on V components.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
This reminds me of the old "use shrink item on a [maximum weight your mage can affect] anvil, then fly above them and drop it as you say the command word" trick... usually good for a few hundred D6's of damage.

Yup. I used to have a sort of Quaal's Feather Token variant in my game, the Object of Dropping.

It came in three varieties - the Anvil, the Grand Piano, and the 10-ton weight...

Safes and Refrigerators, unfortunately, wouldn't have fitted the scenario.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Come to think of it, Quaal's Feather Tokens are fairly well set up for that now.

What would do more damage if it fell on you? A "huge swanlike boat", or a "great oak tree"?

-Hyp.

Hejdun

First Post
Ha, old trick. Well, sort of. The highest damage dealing spell would be summon monster (don't remember which one). Summer a dire bison (or something along those lines... just look in the descriptions and find the one that weighs the most) about 50 feet above someone's head.

Force0

First Post
Terror feind

A mage level 56 would have trouble hitting it with any attack unless he would have some spell on him like Tenser transformation, or a Empowered Empowered Empowered Empowered Empowered bull strength or something like that (AC 50+ or so) Actually, a mage 56, if he didn't have spells would probably get cut diced and served for dinner (remember no fire lightning cold sonic force and almost all undead immunities with a few exceptions) :)

Anyway, rereading the description of Dimension door, I'm not sure it's even that he used that spell stunned after for the rest of round), perhaps he teleported and with his haste readied an action to right after being telekinesised cast iron body.. I don't remember much of that combat (Repressed memories perhaps ;P)

Also Terror feinds and Deraxes (the most powerful one of the 2, almost on demon lords's power level) was a import from 2nd edition with a little "Tune-up". We had a "Champion of the Gods" called a "Dragoon" (home prestige class for past 20) with us to take those (we could barely with our 20th level group stand against one Terror find on favorable terran (We prepare, ambush and the like). They are the destroyer of universes after all, they must be powerful :)

Beside that, what are the rules for damage? Does the one being hurled gets the damage too? Damage reduction applies or not (+3 weapon in the case of iron body?)? And last but not least : How much does the different dragon weight?

Remove ads