Unearthed Arcana New UA Paladin and Bard.

There's a new Unearthed Arcana in town! "The bard receives a new Bardic College feature: the...

There's a new Unearthed Arcana in town! "The bard receives a new Bardic College feature: the College of Eloquence. Additionally, the paladin gains a new Sacred Oath feature: the Oath of Heroism."

Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 10.13.40.png

JPL

Adventurer
I wonder if the Universal Speech feature should include the ability to understand the targets, instead of just having the targets understand the bard? I suppose there are spells which could supplement Universal Speech if you wanna understand the other side, but I don't like the idea of always talking and never listening.

Also, I used to read "New Mutants" in the 1980s, and I kinda like that Cypher kid, and would like to do that, but like a gnome or something.

Or if you're a warforged, you got a nice C3PO thing going on.

Last edited:

WTF? Rage works for like it does for any Barbarian subrace basically.
There is one story in Greek mythology where Herc is described as going into a rage: the one where he kills his wife and kids. As soon as he got the hydra's blood, he lead off by shooting things with his arrows unless grappling is required.
Please explain how "archery rage" is just the same as any other kind of rage.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, Herc is particularly hard to model as a PC class since he starts with superhuman strength (basically as much as he needs whenever he needs it), and outside of getting some better gear and being smarter about fighting monsters, he doesn't really level up until he goes full god. If superhuman strength is the best selling point for the barbarian, baby Herc was a 20th level barbarian.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads