Unearthed Arcana New Unearthed Arcana: Rune Knight, Swarmkeeper, The Revived

Another new Unearthed Arcana! "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, three classes each receive a playtest option. The fighter gets a Martial Archetype option: the Rune Knight. The ranger gains a Ranger Archetype option: the Swarmkeeper. And the rogue acquires a Roguish Archetype option: the Revived."

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 21.14.02.png

Last edited by a moderator:

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Swarmkeeper's Scuttling Eyes is a nice way of doing a sort-of-familiar-pet-thing. I like it. I like how Storm of Minions can be activated with a spell slot, even if you won't have many of those. The Swarmkeepers abilities and flavor overall is really neat. I could really enjoy playing this, though I still think the Ranger chassis it's on is weak.

The Rune Knight is amazing. I don't know if its too good but it is really dang good.

The Revived's Bolts from the Grave is a nice backup to attacking to still get your sneak attack in, or to put it on something that ignores basic damage types. I like most of this subclass. I'd consider still requiring them to breath, though.

Overall, quite happy with this UA.

Undrave

Legend
I don't think anyone else can use it. The powers are written as "you get", meaning "you" as the rune knight.

Well that kinda sucks then... seems like the flavour would want you to improve your allies' gear as well as yours. Especially at the point where you get four of these...

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I've only had a quick look through so far, looks like the giant sorcerer has had some of it folded into the fighter archetype, I need to have a good look at the runes though. My only problem with the rogue was that I immediately thought that it would be a better background than a specific subclass but unfortunately, backgrounds aren't robust enough to provide cool abilities based on a background.

Yaarel

He Mage
Also, once upon a time, Native American socalled ‘mythology’, Japanese, and other cultures, were also an official part of ‘D&D lore’.

Sometimes it is necessary to think more clearly and respectfully − and accurately − when D&D lore traditions, in fact, refer to other cultures.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases