Unearthed Arcana New Unearthed Arcana: Rune Knight, Swarmkeeper, The Revived

Another new Unearthed Arcana! "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, three classes each receive a playtest option. The fighter gets a Martial Archetype option: the Rune Knight. The ranger gains a Ranger Archetype option: the Swarmkeeper. And the rogue acquires a Roguish Archetype option: the Revived."

Another new Unearthed Arcana! "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, three classes each receive a playtest option. The fighter gets a Martial Archetype option: the Rune Knight. The ranger gains a Ranger Archetype option: the Swarmkeeper. And the rogue acquires a Roguish Archetype option: the Revived."

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 21.14.02.png

OB1

Jedi Master
@Parmandur

Hmmm, pretty uncanny with the Runeknight and Swarmkeeper, but the Blood Burglar doesn't fit. The Revived reminds me more of the protagonist from Planescape: Torment

That said, I'm thinking that the next book is going to be a Magic/Planescape two-for-one that officially places MTG into the D&D multiverse, with some character options leaning more towards Planescape concepts and others leaning towards MTG options.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
@Parmandur

Hmmm, pretty uncanny with the Runeknight and Swarmkeeper, but the Blood Burglar doesn't fit. The Revived reminds me more of the protagonist from Planescape: Torment

That said, I'm thinking that the next book is going to be a Magic/Planescape two-for-one that officially places MTG into the D&D multiverse, with some character options leaning more towards Planescape concepts and others leaning towards MTG options.

Well, it was a hot take, true, based on finding an undead Black Rogue card. I get a major Black Mana vibe still, though The Nameless One seems a plausible match.

I am very curious to see more of what they are thinking as this unfolds.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I like these all in general (some great flavor), but I really like the fighter rune knight. I've long been a fan of rune magic anyway, so naturally I'm a fan of this. But more than that, I'm a fan of how each rune has an in combat ability, and and out of combat function. That should address many of the concerns about lack of about out of combat functionality. Also, by going to a large size, the fighter can now literally grapple an adult red dragon. :oops: At advantage no less. That certainly seems heroic to me lol. And I kinda want to play one now....

OB1

Jedi Master
I like these all in general (some great flavor), but I really like the fighter rune knight. I've long been a fan of rune magic anyway, so naturally I'm a fan of this. But more than that, I'm a fan of how each rune has an in combat ability, and and out of combat function. That should address many of the concerns about lack of about out of combat functionality. Also, by going to a large size, the fighter can now literally grapple an adult red dragon. :oops:

The out of combat utility is great!

Gotta say I think this class is way overpowered even for UA. The Fire Rune (Ild) would be an absolute Mage and Rogue killer, with it's 1 Min Restraint, auto 2d6 damage and Str saving throw.

Remove ads

Remove ads