New WotC Web Site Look

Zulithe

Explorer
Looks great! I noticed the new M:tG site a while back and wondered if they were giving D&D the same facelift, looks like they finally did. :)

reanjr

First Post
Why is it that it takes no knowledge of the web or of design to become a web designer?

The site used to fit nicely in my browser. Now it scrolls off to the right. Web pages should not scroll both horizontally and vertically on a reasonably sized window. It's simple rudiments of design.

I feel really sorry for people running an older machine at 800x600. They can't even maximize the browser to fit the whole thing.

Wizards web design team is horrible. Maybe I should apply. I think they've got an opening...

Zulithe

Explorer
Most computer users these days run their desktop at 1024x768 or above. My computer is showing its age too, so I feel for users with older computers, but there comes a time where you need to either upgrade or bite your lip when the rest of technology is "moving on".

I think the design is great and will please the majority of users, which is what a company is in the business of doing.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Erratic K said:
It looks right in mozila/firefox now too!!!

Sweet! Looks like the web team is looking out for the little guy.

Not quite. There are some errors in Firefox; allow me to illustrate.

This is a list as it displays in Firefox:

wotc-firefox.gif

This is the same list from the same page as it displays in Internet Explorer:

wotc-explorer.gif

Everything else seems fine to me, but does anyone have an e-mail address for the webpage folks to alert them to this?

dren

First Post
It's really great!

A quick link to the most popular messageboards, rather than having to go into community then messagebaoards, then into the specific one you want.

The gloassary is superb and really convenient. So, too, all of the character sheets at a quick link in a handy place. Some real nice touches.

Overall, an A. I am impressed.

Remove ads