news scoop: insider account of how the statement was drafted, and the fear-based culture in Wizards offices

When the CEOs of the megacorporations are going to understand the difference between being a true leader or a toxic boss? Of course the leaders want loyalty, but also they have to understand the reasons because other person has got a different opinion.

What is happening behinds the curtains? This is as if some new character appeared in scene.

In this is really sad and pathetic because now this should be the best age for D&D, when is most popular than ever.

* Please, oligarchy and free market not only they are different things, but even opposit side.

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Historically ALL capitalism has inevitably transitioned to plutocracy, so I don't see what your point is.
Not defending capitalism here or attacking any other economic system, but isn't it true that any system will transition into plutocracy at some point in time? For example, I wouldn't think it fair to say that certain "non-capitalist" countries are not plutocracies. In fact, I do believe it has been argued many times that it's rather in the nature of man or, indeed, any beast or living thing in nature to strive for dominance to a certain degree.
Anyway, back to fear-based cultures, I say!

Not defending capitalism here or attacking any other economic system, but isn't it true that any system will transition into plutocracy at some point in time? For example, I wouldn't think it fair to say that certain "non-capitalist" countries are not plutocracies. In fact, I do believe it has been argued many times that it's rather in the nature of man or, indeed, any beast or living thing in nature to strive for dominance to a certain degree.
Anyway, back to fear-based cultures, I say!
Yeah, not getting into politics at 5 in the morning.

Yaarel

He Mage
Historically, democractic capitalism has inevitably transitioned to plutocracy.
Yeah.

An employee-empowering business license whose structure is based on democratic capitalist principles, would need a careful system of checks and balances. For example, the corporation itself would "own" the financial capital, not any individual employee, and the system would need to ensure equal access to vote on what the corporation will use this capital for. It is much like figuring out the constitution of national government, but at the microcosm of a single corporation.

I hope we see the day when all megacorps are more just. Including Hasbro-WotC whose employees are blindsided by the current executive strongarming.

Yaarel

He Mage
I have read several comments making the appeal to reason that game designers don't have time to read the comments (and so it is reasonable to imagine that they ignore them.) I think it is important to keep in mind the personnel and machine-learning tools that any sizeable company has available to parse and present responses for designers to use. Outputs of common machine-learning, natural language processing and data visualisation tools include topic and sentiment analysis, word clouds and graphs of themes. Larger companies - like Hasbro - typically have data and customer insights teams, who provide analysis to their design teams... making the number of game designers doubly moot.

Lines of reasoning like "thousands of people complete those surveys" and "the design team consists of a small number of individuals" might have once been true, but today seem naive.

I dont recall the 5e designers mentioning any sophisticated algorithms to sort thru the survey comments. They went into some detail, and noted with pride that every comment in every survey was eventually read (by a human).

These AI techniques including machine-learning are increasingly available.

I expect to see the day when an AI can write an entire roleplay gaming engine from scratch, along with a narrative setting, according to the preferences of a single player.

Currently, AI can note patterns in the survey content, sometimes with surprising insights. But I doubt Hasbro-WotC has employed this kind of technology. Yet.

Remove ads