• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Next GRRM Book?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The ENnies are over, so I was looking for things to vote for, and I saw this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13737579/

... and it made me happy, because GRRM is up for some kind of an award, and it made me sad, because I want a book of Arya and Jon Snow and Tyrion. NOW.

What's the current speculation on how long we'll have to wait?

Cheers, -- N

Fast Learner

First Post
Based on his blog it's looking like spring or summer. He doesn't say that, he just points out that he's not finished, and even when publishers hurry it still takes a few months to get a book out.

Arkhandus

First Post
I'm fairly sure the next book is A Dance Of Dragons, coming out in the fall at some point this year, if that one hasn't already been released yet? I'm fairly sure it hasn't, since I haven't seen it in stores since I bought A Feast For Crows several months ago..... A Dance Of Dragons takes place at the same general time as AFFC, but focuses on different characters, since Martin's cast of important/favorite characters grew over the past few books and he couldn't fit everything he wanted into AFFC. Probably going to have a lot of focus on Danaeris and her dragons, judging from the title.

ssampier

First Post
Arkhandus said:
I'm fairly sure the next book is A Dance Of Dragons, coming out in the fall at some point this year, if that one hasn't already been released yet? I'm fairly sure it hasn't, since I haven't seen it in stores since I bought A Feast For Crows several months ago..... A Dance Of Dragons takes place at the same general time as AFFC, but focuses on different characters, since Martin's cast of important/favorite characters grew over the past few books and he couldn't fit everything he wanted into AFFC. Probably going to have a lot of focus on Danaeris and her dragons, judging from the title.

No, it hasn't. The author's blog indicates that he's not finished writing it yet. I believe AFFC was released to stores in November of '05.

The other parts are correct. AFFC was too long so he split it into 2 books, half of which is A Dance of Dragons.

Fast Learner

First Post
Arkhandus said:
I'm fairly sure the next book is A Dance Of Dragons, coming out in the fall at some point this year, if that one hasn't already been released yet?
As noted, that was the old plan, about the time aFfC was released. Reality didn't match up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads