Next issue of Buccanneers & Bokor?

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi Gareth,

Just downloaded it and read it! Good to have the final part of The Governor's Prize at long last! I do have a concern, though. With the Savage Tide adventure path in Dungeon magazine and Green Ronin relaunching Freeport in 2007 I can understand why the magazine will be featuring "pirates in D&D" type articles as well as Skull and Bones material. However, I'd like to think that these will be a little more original than the Nautical Fantasy article in this issue. While it was a perfectly good article, it retreads familiar ground covered in products such as Seas of Blood, Broadsides, Seafarer's Handbook and Stormwrack. There is a Sea Witch PrC in Stormwrack too.

Please try and cover new ground with the fantasy articles, and continue to support Skull & Bones (the main reason I buy the magazine) with adventures, encounters and background information on the Golden Age of Piracy.

Cheers & Happy Christmas!

Richard

dpmcalister

Explorer
RichGreen said:
...continue to support Skull & Bones (the main reason I buy the magazine) with adventures, encounters and background information on the Golden Age of Piracy.
I've already posted my comments on the issue over at RPGNow (in the form of a review), but I'd like to second the comments above. Without being nasty, if I want fantasy pirates, there are numerous, readily available, publications that I can choose from. Buccaneers & Bokor is the only publication supporting the Golden Age of Piracy.

I realise that Rich and myself are only two of your customers though (albeit perhaps the most vocal when it comes to Buccaneers & Bokor ;)).

GMSkarka

Explorer
I appreciate the input....I really do.

Fear not -- the main focus will still be the Golden Age of Piracy. The wider focus will mean that we'll occasionally have a single article per issue for fantasy gamers -- but the majority of of the wider-focus stuff will be sidebars in the Golden-Age material, offering suggestions for adaptation into fantasy campaigns.

(As far as the Nautical Fantasy article goes -- it was meant to be an introduction, and served that purpose.)

EDIT: Two other things: One, can you give a link to your review? ....and two -- I've started another thread asking about what folks would like to see in future issues. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to see them.

Last edited:

Remove ads