Next Month: Githzerai

Nymrohd

First Post
From the PHB3, Psion Excerpt: Next month it’s the githzerai race (including a
racial paragon path and several racial feats), and then
we’re on to more class, race, and feat debuts until February
of 2010.

Well I know I love Githzerai. And we already have the monk. I expect another Dex/Wis race:)

Kez Darksun

First Post
Feh, I was hoping you had read it wrong, but it seems I was so excited to see the Githyanki that I substituted them for the Githzerai when reading the Psion article. Oh well, I'll still enjoy getting more info on the Githzerai, but not as much as I would if the race had been the Githyanki.

Githzerai have been PC material since the Planescape Campaign Setting, and printed twice as a race during it's run. It's assumed they play well better with others, because they aren't evil.

Githyanki have only been of a secondary concern as a PC race, only getting there's in the Guide to the Astral Plane.

ki11erDM

Explorer
From the PHB3, Psion Excerpt: Next month it’s the githzerai race (including a
racial paragon path and several racial feats), and then
we’re on to more class, race, and feat debuts until February
of 2010.

Well I know I love Githzerai. And we already have the monk. I expect another Dex/Wis race:)

Well Psion's are Ints... so one would think they will be a XXX/Int race. Dex/Int or Wis/Int? But Int should be one.

avin

First Post
I'm a fan of Githzerai since the first time I met Dak'kon on Planescape: Torment.

"Endure. In enduring grow strong".

Kez Darksun

First Post
Well Psion's are Ints... so one would think they will be a XXX/Int race. Dex/Int or Wis/Int? But Int should be one.

I'm not sure of the conclusion you've reached. The Githzerai historically have been Monks and their MM PC write-up has their ability score bonuses lining up perfectly with the Centered Breath Monk style that was previewed earlier, +2 Dex, +2 Wis. I fully expect that to stay the same in their PH 3 write-up.

Last edited:

Nymrohd

First Post
Dak'kon made the githzerai a favorite for me. Awesome character (and generally awesome game). As for why I said Dex/Wis, githzerai were never famous as psions but rather as monks and zerthi. And Dex/Wis were always their good stats (though they would not match a zerthi who would probably be Con/Int swordmage).

Remove ads