• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Next Month: Githzerai

Nymrohd

First Post
From the PHB3, Psion Excerpt: Next month it’s the githzerai race (including a
racial paragon path and several racial feats), and then
we’re on to more class, race, and feat debuts until February
of 2010.

Well I know I love Githzerai. And we already have the monk. I expect another Dex/Wis race:)

Kez Darksun

Explorer
Feh, I was hoping you had read it wrong, but it seems I was so excited to see the Githyanki that I substituted them for the Githzerai when reading the Psion article. Oh well, I'll still enjoy getting more info on the Githzerai, but not as much as I would if the race had been the Githyanki.

Githzerai have been PC material since the Planescape Campaign Setting, and printed twice as a race during it's run. It's assumed they play well better with others, because they aren't evil.

Githyanki have only been of a secondary concern as a PC race, only getting there's in the Guide to the Astral Plane.

ki11erDM

Explorer
From the PHB3, Psion Excerpt: Next month it’s the githzerai race (including a
racial paragon path and several racial feats), and then
we’re on to more class, race, and feat debuts until February
of 2010.

Well I know I love Githzerai. And we already have the monk. I expect another Dex/Wis race:)

Well Psion's are Ints... so one would think they will be a XXX/Int race. Dex/Int or Wis/Int? But Int should be one.

avin

First Post
I'm a fan of Githzerai since the first time I met Dak'kon on Planescape: Torment.

"Endure. In enduring grow strong".

Kez Darksun

Explorer
Well Psion's are Ints... so one would think they will be a XXX/Int race. Dex/Int or Wis/Int? But Int should be one.

I'm not sure of the conclusion you've reached. The Githzerai historically have been Monks and their MM PC write-up has their ability score bonuses lining up perfectly with the Centered Breath Monk style that was previewed earlier, +2 Dex, +2 Wis. I fully expect that to stay the same in their PH 3 write-up.

Last edited:

Nymrohd

First Post
Dak'kon made the githzerai a favorite for me. Awesome character (and generally awesome game). As for why I said Dex/Wis, githzerai were never famous as psions but rather as monks and zerthi. And Dex/Wis were always their good stats (though they would not match a zerthi who would probably be Con/Int swordmage).

Remove ads