• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No lions or tigers... oh my

Rechan

Adventurer
cignus_pfaccari said:
Just reskin a monster.
This.

Monkeys? Goblins, with a climb speed.

Leopard? Use feypanther stats. Cheetah? Feypanther, decrease level, give it higher speed. Elephant? Macetail or Bloodspike Behemoth (though with a goring charge from the Minotaur or Gorgon Statblock). Rhino? Gorgon, without the petrification. And so on.

keterys

First Post
epochrpg said:
W00T-- these are good-- but I would also give them Stealth and Perception as a trained skill. Still great work! I like that you did the raking claws as ongoing damage rather than additional attack rolls!

Good call on the Stealth - they actually have Perception as trained, it's just at the top of the block.

redwulf25_ci

First Post
Not sure where the original post got to, so I'll have to attribute this to "someone on RPG.net" . . .

Lions:

Lion Huntress
Level 2 Lurker, 125xp
Medium natural beast
Perception +8, low light; Initiative +9

Hp 30, Bloodied 15
AC 16 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 14
Speed 8

mBite +7vAC; 1d6+5

Charging Pounce when the Lion Huntress charges it deals an extra 1d6 damage and knocks enemies prone
Combat Advantage deal +1d6 damage to enemies it has combat advantage against
Savannah Camoflage when in high grass, the Lion Huntress has concealment against creatures more than 5 squares away

Str 15 +3 Con 12 +1 Dex 18 +5 Int 2 –4 Wis 15 +3 Cha 11 +1
Perception +8 Stealth +13

Lion Pridelord
Level 4 Elite Soldier (leader), 350xp
Medium natural beast
Perception +8, low light; Initiative +7
Leader of the Pack (aura 5) lions who start their turn within the aura gain 5 temp hp

Hp 110, Bloodied 55
AC 21 Fort 20 Ref 18 Will 16
Speed 7

mClaw +11vAC; 1d6+5 and the target is marked until the end of the Pridelord's next turn
MDouble Attack make two claw attacks as a standard action
CTerrifying Roar (standard, recharges when first bloodied; close burst 3) +9vFort; 3d6+4 thunder damage and dazed until the end of the Pridelord’s next turn

Charging Pounce when the Lion Pridelord charges it deals an extra 1d6 damage and knocks enemies prone

Str 20 +7 Con 15 +4 Dex 17 +5 Int 2 –3 Wis 13 +3 Cha 17 +5
Perception +8, Stealth + 10

He created them when I requested ideas for . . .

Hobgoblin Beast Master
Medium natural humanoid
Perception +9, low light; Initiative +10

Hp 36, Bloodied 18
AC 17 Fort 15 Ref 16 Will 15
Speed 6

mFlail +7vAC; 1d10+3
rLongbow +8vAC; 1d10+4
CAttack Command (standard, close burst 10, recharge 6) two beast allies within 10 squares make basic melee attacks as a free action

Savage Discipline (aura 5) beast allies in the aura get +1 to attack and damage rolls
Hobgoblin Resilience (reaction, encounter) when targeted by an effect that a save can end, make an immediate saving throw

Str 16 +4 Con 12 +2 Dex 19 +5 Int 11 +1 Wis 16 +4 Cha 12 +2
Nature +9 Perception +9
Gear: Leather armor, Flail, longbow

Remove ads