No more cone shaped powers?

What I am wondering, is whether I will be able to easily house rule 1-2-1-2-1 movement and cones and bursts being templates back into a 4E game, or whether this will have unintended side effects due to other rules I am not aware of yet.

Ken

Imban

First Post
Haffrung Helleyes said:
Ainatan, I really appreciate you posting all of these diagrams!

BTW, from your diagram it looks to me that, if your opponents are directly 10' or 15' in front of you in a 15' wide line, there's no way to get them all in the cone. Which does seem pretty wierd.

Ken

You could. Look at the cyan one, basically. You'd need to be standing one square off from the center of the enemy line, rather than lined up with the center of it, oddly enough, but that's an artifact of this cone template radiating from corners rather than from the center of your position.

frankthedm

First Post
Haffrung Helleyes said:
What I am wondering, is whether I will be able to easily house rule 1-2-1-2-1 movement and cones and bursts being templates back into a 4E game, or whether this will have unintended side effects due to other rules I am not aware of yet.

Ken
Well, it automatically makes area powers a little weaker. But other than that, nothing should be effected.

4etrueoe9.png

Remove ads