WotC No new DMs Guild Adept titles since mid-December?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That's more recent than I'd seen! So that's jolly interesting! Personally I hope one materializes in 2023 but if they don't start dropping until 2024 oh well. New settings is huge.

The cancelled ones was an earlier discussion where he had a very specific disclaimer. If I see it I'll link it, it's quite recognisable.
Winninger seems quite keen on Settings, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's tasked the D&D team with brainstorming a bunch of new ideas on that front.

Winninger seems quite keen on Settings, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's tasked the D&D team with brainstorming a bunch of new ideas on that front.
Yeah I wonder if they'd even worked on a new setting before he got in charge. The timing and all his statements makes it kind of look like this is "his thing" and that Mearls wasn't interested. Given he designed the legendary Torg and the wild Underground, he's definitely done some out-there settings in his own work.

My theory about a new setting is Chris Perkins's homebred Iomandra as a remake of Councyl of Wyrms, and my suggestion is Io's blood island is a demiplane with a group of domains within the elemental limbo, and allowing enough space for all races of dragons from all editions.

There is some risk if WotC wants to introduce a new setting (not linked with Magic: the Gathering) because we might listen lots of complains of "I was awaiting the return of..".

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Been digging around a bit further, and the latest info I can find on the future of new Settings is from the big September event last year to kick off Witchlight, where they announced Monsters of the Multiverse and the 2024 revisions coming down the pipeline, and Perkins showed the rough version of the alternate cover for the Spelljammer bestiary. As of thst event, they were hinting at Spelljammer, Dragonlance, and next years Planescape, while saying that:

What should we look forward to?
  • Chris Perkins exists in 2022 and beyond
  • More adventure anthologies
  • A classic setting returns in 2022 (conflicts with what Ray Winninger said at the beginning of the panel?)
  • 2 NEW settings coming. First time since Eberron in 2004
  • New settings are in development

I'm going out on a limb and saying that, yes, Chris Perkins will exist in 2022.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah I wonder if they'd even worked on a new setting before he got in charge. The timing and all his statements makes it kind of look like this is "his thing" and that Mearls wasn't interested. Given he designed the legendary Torg and the wild Underground, he's definitely done some out-there settings in his own work.
He started in April 2020 (what a time for a change), and based on their production tail I would say everything from Ravenloft on has Winninger's fingerprints heavily in the process.

Remove ads