D&D 5E No News from GAMA?

Remathilis

Legend
So some interesting info has leaked from GAMA, such as FFG keeping the Star Wars liscence (and getting the rights to Episode 7 stuff) or Age of Ultron Heroclix, but nothing from WotC on D&D?

Anyone heard anything?

Paraxis

Explorer
Twitter #GAMA2015

To answer one of your questions.

"Tom Vasel ‏@thedicetower 2h2 hours ago
FFG has renewed Star Wars license for many years. Includes Episode 7. #GAMA2015
"

CAU3kflUQAEttl3.jpg

Last edited:

As Morrus has pointed out in the other thread, this convention is geared more towards other businesses, not fans. All they needed to share was what upcoming product they're putting out, and impress business people with their previous sales.

Any real announcements would be made at player oriented cons like PAX or GenCon.

I would say the businesses weren't impressed.

Were you there to see their reactions with your own eyes? Did you see the sinking expression on the Wizards of the Coast executive's face as he realized the business men and women stopping by the booth cared only for the ceaseless churning out of ever more splatbooks, never mind the blockbuster sales of the core books or the video game tie-ins that will bring in exponentially more money than tabletop RPG supplements?

Did you hear the crowd of business people crying for blood for the continued absence of a Psionics Handbook? Did you see the single tear drip down his cheek as he reached into his suit coat pocket to pull out his smartphone to call Mike Mearls and mournfully tell him he'd have to look for a new job, D&D was washed up and Wizards of the Coast was finished? Did you hear his last, strangled plea to Mearls to tell his wife he loved her as the frenzied mob tore him limb from limb for daring to show up to GAMA without a Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting announcement in hand?

If not, I'm afraid I'm not terribly interested in your groundless speculations of how other businesses received WotC at a tradeshow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases