D&D 5E No News from GAMA?

Wicht

Hero
If not, I'm afraid I'm not terribly interested in your groundless speculations of how other businesses received WotC at a tradeshow.

You assume, of course, that there are no other avenues by which a person not there might have insight into the various events. If Sailor Moon was not there, I think the more appropriate followup would be a polite inquiry as to what the assertion is based on.

They didn't have a lot to announce at last year's GAMA either.

It's not really a surprise. Elemental Evil is the big new, and should be the focus. So it's too soon to talk about the next event. And the next release is likely several months away and still in progress, so there's no reason to discuss that in detail either. We'll find out about that in June or so.

Sailor Moon

Banned
Banned
Were you there to see their reactions with your own eyes? Did you see the sinking expression on the Wizards of the Coast executive's face as he realized the business men and women stopping by the booth cared only for the ceaseless churning out of ever more splatbooks, never mind the blockbuster sales of the core books or the video game tie-ins that will bring in exponentially more money than tabletop RPG supplements?

Did you hear the crowd of business people crying for blood for the continued absence of a Psionics Handbook? Did you see the single tear drip down his cheek as he reached into his suit coat pocket to pull out his smartphone to call Mike Mearls and mournfully tell him he'd have to look for a new job, D&D was washed up and Wizards of the Coast was finished? Did you hear his last, strangled plea to Mearls to tell his wife he loved her as the frenzied mob tore him limb from limb for daring to show up to GAMA without a Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting announcement in hand?

If not, I'm afraid I'm not terribly interested in your groundless speculations of how other businesses received WotC at a tradeshow.
My god you are gullible. *laughs*

Of course I wasn't there.

I wasn't asking for your opinion so why did you respond like I was looking for it? If you aren't interested then why did you take the time to respond?

Sailor Moon

Banned
Banned
They didn't have a lot to announce at last year's GAMA either.

It's not really a surprise. Elemental Evil is the big new, and should be the focus. So it's too soon to talk about the next event. And the next release is likely several months away and still in progress, so there's no reason to discuss that in detail either. We'll find out about that in June or so.

It's actually a bit sad when one book is your main focus.

Sailor Moon

Banned
Banned
Right, because retailers don't want to hear about how great sales of product have been and how consistent they have been. That won't drive retailers to carry D&D and give it adequate shelf space. Oh wait...

Great sales of what, the core books? Those are already in stores so it's not like they need to sell those to anyone else.

I would say they wouldn't be terribly impressed with such slim pickings.

pkt77242

Explorer
Great sales of what, the core books? Those are already in stores so it's not like they need to sell those to anyone else.

And you are projecting your feelings on to the businesses that were there. Not shocking considering the tone of your posts lately. Look we get it, you are disappointed with lack of releases, but just because you feel that way doesn't mean that the companies that were there felt that way.

Edit: Also according to WOTC the previous adventure path sold really well.

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer

They probably weren't impressed with the huge piles of unsold 2E, 3E, and 4E stuff they were inundated with month after month.

pkt77242

Explorer
It's actually a bit sad when one book is your main focus.

It is a bit sad that you need to go around in every thread posting about your disappointment with the release schedule. Don't you have something better to discuss?

Many people have already pointed out to you the viability of the business plan that WOTC is attempting but for some reason you can't grasp that what you want isn't necessarily best for WOTC and you feel this urge to criticize them at every turn.

Remove ads