Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year! Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

BenW241

First Post
Talk - We Speak Common. Brilliant UK podcast network who have recently launched “The Cosmic Causeway” a fantastic introductory spelljammer actual play mini series but they’re weekly talk show discussing all things D&D every week from books, game tales and more is just as good and is the networks bread and butter (they could be nominated for either). They would be excellent winners in both categories.

We Speak Common

Last edited:

Podcast: Effekt
Category: Talk (they do Actual Play as well)
Web: Effekt
Why: Their focus on Free League games, though they do talk of other games as well. They get designers and artists and writers from the various Free League products on the podcast to discuss their process and once or twice they even announced new products on the podcast.

Edit: got ninja'd by paulvenner and I can't figure out how to delete this post so I'll leave it up here for historical purposes.

Bertjammin

Villager
Talk - Ful Metal RPG - detailed and varied discussion about lots of gaming related issues (the series on Politics in different game settings is worth listening to in and of itself). Coveringa variety of games fro OSR, D&D, Cyberpunk, Morg Borg and many others with lots of game-agnostic advice and debate.
Actual Play - Effekt AP - hands down the best AP available for the Free League games (Alien, Coriolis, Forgotten Lands, Tales from the Loop etc)

TALK

Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff
Featuring two giants of TTRPG (Ken Hite and Robin Laws), this podcast is by turns erudite, entertaining, and enlightening. The podcast has a mixture of segments, some of which provide overt game advice and others of which talk about real-world history and historical figures (and how they can be game-ized, of course). Even the necessary pitching of their publisher's games is done with panache and a wink at the audience. I've listened to hundreds of episodes (but not all 472!!), and always return for more.

Fredrix

Villager
My favourite RPG this year as been Frankenstein’s RPG RPG Podcast Grognard | Frankensteinrpg.co.uk if only for the crazy idea of making an RPG from parts of others. It could be better. A better dynamic mic might not make quite so much of Dave’s breathing in. And they might make better choices (ie ones I agreed with) but for sheer chutzpah they deserve a nom. It’s TALK btw.

Fredrix

Villager
Talk - Ful Metal RPG - detailed and varied discussion about lots of gaming related issues (the series on Politics in different game settings is worth listening to in and of itself). Coveringa variety of games fro OSR, D&D, Cyberpunk, Morg Borg and many others with lots of game-agnostic advice and debate.
Actual Play - Effekt AP - hands down the best AP available for the Free League games (Alien, Coriolis, Forgotten Lands, Tales from the Loop etc)
The link for that is Effekt AP

aaronupchurch

First Post
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (try to be accurate -- if I can't find it in 2 seconds of searching, I'll just move on) and a LINK to the show's website.
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

GARBLAG Games is my nomination for Actual Play. They are a very inclusive group that are interested in showcasing many different TTRPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads