Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

SSquirrel

Explorer
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Me and Steve Talk RPGs. Here’s their FB page. I am neither Steve on the show.

airheadgreg

Villager
ACTUAL PLAY - The Glass Cannon Podcast(s), really this covered the Glass Cannon Podcast, Androids & Aliens, and all of the other shows on the network. "New Game Who Dis?" has been amazing in introducing people to different systems, stepping away from just D&D or Pathfinder, and cost me an absolute fortune in the process as I've bought several of them.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Podcat- Fear of a Black Dragon
Category- Talk

Amazing in depth examination and analysis of adventure modules from The Gauntlet folks. Tends to focus on OSR titles, but plenty of variety and the discussion is generally system agnostic. Fun, useful, and a great way to expand a person’s gaming horizons. Sheds a light on classic adventures while also bringing attention to the most interesting things being released today. Also provides companion materials to enhance the gaming experience and create the perfect mood. Best way to lose yourself in a run a person could ever hope to find.
I do like this podcast a lot.

JossVladd

Villager
Tabletop Gold

An ACTUAL PLAY podcast that focuses on the Pathfinder 2e adventure path- Abomination Vaults. I am a rabid consumer of pf2e actual plays, but this one hits all the sweet spots for me. They are a great cast of players with interesting characters. Their GM is well prepared and an audio wizard to boot, he makes amazing clips, intros and soundbites to make the podcast immersive but also unique. In addition they really speak to me as a gamer, due to the fact that they are all in the same stage of life as I am as a parent and professional, so it is very much like listening to a peer group playing a great game together. The GM makes a point to educate his players and listeners on the rules for PF2e without sounding condescending, and they are all active on their community discord. I strongly recommend it to anyone looking to listen to a great paizo AP for second edition.

RexAliquid

First Post
Podcast: Tabletop Gold
Category: Actual Play
Link: Tabletop Gold | Linktree

While I enjoy the whole crew and their characters, what makes this Pathfinder Second Edition actual play podcast special to me is the GM, Lars. His audio stings for critical hits, misses, and calls for initiative make those moments stand out in play. He knows the rules and applies them fairly (and sometimes ruthlessly). I look forward to listening every week.

istwine30yet

Villager

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Roleplay Retcon! Absolutely awesome!

Kelly

Villager
Talk: Beholder to No One Nikki Yager is one of the hardest working podcasters, editors, Interviewers I've had the pleasure to listen to. Her casts range over every part of the ttrpgs sphere. It is obvious that she knows the subject matter and talks candidly to her guests about everything from up and coming games to character creation to how other podcasters/DMs in the industry manage to do what they do. She has even recently covered some how to tips and tricks of podcast audio editing with others in the industry. Her podcasts are well produced and edited and very easy to listen too.

Actual Play: Awfully Queer Heroes Kel (owner, @KACroft_Author) is amazing. So genuine, enthusiastic and one of those people that just draws others in. They have many projects on the go and Kickstarters completed successfully. Can't stop, won't stop! Kel has been in a number of podcasts including the successfully finished 13 episode one titled Uncage. They are now working on two other live play podcast campaigns (Fall of Waterdeep is just releasing).

What I love about the Awfully Queer Heroes selection is that they are unabashedly full-in on serving up representative content to the Queer community. It's in the name and certainly is in ever podcast. However, the episodes are hilarious and just frickin entertaining no matter who you are. Also, the episodes are very professionally produced so it is easy to listen to and very clear.

Link: Ain't Slayed Nobody Podcast
Type: Actual Play Podcast
Reason: The production value of Ain't Slayed is like warm honey in your earhole. It is heartwarming, and funny, but doesn't pull its punches with lingering grim cosmic undertones, it takes you and the posse down a truly dark path. The finale alone is a must listen! Spellbinding in its descriptions, the players are on fire, and the Keeper knows just what buttons to push, all combining into an unholy alliance of mirthful dark horror! This is a must listen for anyone craving some Old West laced with Lovecraft. It wont disappoint.

Zyrmathor

Villager
Podcast Name: Roll for Intent
Link: Roll for Intent
Category: Actual Play Podcast
Notes: This is actual play podcast of the Pathfinder 2e adventure path Abomination Vaults. I love listening to these guys, they are so much fun to listen too and have replaced Glass Cannon as my favorite PF2 podcast. They started this year around labor day and just released episode 15 this week (11/29/21). If you haven't heard of them you should definitely give them a listen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases