Nominate your MOST ANTICIPATED RPG of 2021

As I do every year, I'm taking nominations for the MOST ANTICIPATED RPG poll for the coming year. Here is last year's Top 10 (spoiler: the winner was the Dune RPG, which hasn't actually made it out yet). Previous winners include 13th Age (2013), Star Wars Force & Destiny (2015), Rifts for Savage Worlds (2016), Trudvang Chronicles , and Vampire: the Masquerade 5th Edition (2018), and Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (2019). What will be the most anticipated RPG of 2021?

We do this at the end of every year, and have done for several years now! Here's how it works:

We start with a nomination stage. That's this thread. You may nominate any standalone tabletop RPG due to be released to the general public in 2021. All nominated games will appear on the final ballot. To nominate a game, simply make a reply in this thread. A few rules:
  1. It must be a standalone tabletop RPG, NOT a supplement, setting, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. If there is a QuickStart version, or a preview, it’s the full release that counts.
  2. It must be due out to the general public in 2021. The important date is the date the general public can purchase the book. That's not Kickstarter fulfillment dates or pre-orders.
  3. It must be nominated by at least one person in this thread. Simply post the name of the game and the name of the publisher below to nominate it.
  4. Nominations will remain open for two weeks, until December 22nd. Voting will take place shortly thereafter.
  5. Not your own game or one you’re affiliated with.
  6. Include a link. Don't make me Google to try guess what you mean! No linky, no nommy.
dune_logo_cropped.jpg

Last year's winner was Dune (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. Sometimes products make it into the list in more than one year; what can I say? Product schedules slip!

113th AgeStar Wars Force & DestinyRifts for Savage WorldsTrudvang ChroniclesVampire: The Masquerade 5th EditionSavage Worlds Adventure EditionDune
2NumeneraDeluxe Exalted 3rd EditionMutant Crawl ClassicsTales from the LoopWarhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth EditionPathfinder 2nd EditionVaesen - Nordic Horror Roleplaying
3Star Wars Edge of the EmpireUnified Rolemaster7th Sea 2nd EditionKult: Divinity LostKult: Divinity LostLex ArcanaCyberpunk Red
4Shadowrun 5th EditionConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfStar Trek AdventuresForbidden Lands: Retro Open-World Survival Fantasy RPGThe ExpanseFallout
5Call of Cthulhu 7th EditionDeluxe Tunnels & TrollsDCC LankhmarConan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed OfRuneQuest: Role-playing in GloranthaEclipse Phase 2nd EditionWarhammer: Age of Sigmar: Soulbound
6FireflyBarbarians of Lemuria: Mythic EditionRuneQuest 4StarfinderThe Witcher Roleplaying GameDune RPGSwords of the Serpentine
7Fate CoreFeng Shui 2Torg: EternityThe Witcher Roleplaying GameWarhammer 40,000 Wrath & GloryJohn Carter of MarsRivers of London
8HillfolkFantasy AGEBlue Rose AGECoriolisThe ExpanseChangeling: The Lost 2nd EditionStargate
9TorchbearerParanoiaParanoiaDelta Green Roleplaying GameLegend of the Five Rings 5th EditionThings from the FloodFading Suns 4E
10-Shadows of the Demon LordDelta GreenAstonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2ENumenera 2: Discovery & DestinyJudge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 ADCortex Prime

Last edited:

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I must be jaded. I did not anticipate any of the RPGs on your 2020 list. Never played Cyberpunk. Not a fan of Dune. Nothing comes to mind to nominate. Edit: after reading this thread and a bit of research: Twilight 2000.

• In 2019 I real wanted The Expanse.
  • In 2018 Forbidden Lands was my choice.
  • In 2017 Coriolis. Just WOW!
  • In 2016 nothing.
  • In 2015 Fantasy AGE. (which I ended up buying in 2019).
  • In 2014 Numenera. A great game I didn't play enough.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, well, perhaps "valid nomination" needed a bit more clarity on it, and the back and forth on what's valid would not be needed. :p
It’s the lack of links. I think the instructions are clear enough there. :)

I'll nominate Dune again - as it will be out in retail in physical form in 2021 if I have to hand write and deliver every copy myself! :)

I'd also like to nominate my current kickstarter if thats allowed - Opera House
Which will be out early Q1 2021 (January if all goes well)
I don't expect to win, but its always nice to be nominated :)

Looking down the list of kickstarters I've backed that I've not seen appear yet too I'd add:
(I imagine these will all release in 2021 as they funded this year)

The Dee Sanction from All Rolled Up

Twilight 2000 from Free League (because everything they do is excellent)

Beowulf from Handiwork games (in case it doesn't' squeeze into the last days of 2020

Pasion de las Pasiones from Magpie games (which I'm really hoping will appear next year)

Altered Carbon from Hunter's Entertainment (which I think is going out to backers soon so should hit retail in early 2021)

and last but not least - Haunted West by Chris Spivey (rightly famed for Harlem Unbound)

Plus, of course, everything that got nominated last year but didn't make it out this year because damn there were some amazing games we didn't quite get yet.
You can’t nominate your own game!

imagineGod

Legend
Adventures in Middle-Earth by Free League ...
You need to qualify if second edition. Because I purchased all the ones published during Cubicle7 end-of-license sale.

The interview on ENWorld implies Free League continues with the D&D5e AiME so not a new edition.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
You need to qualify if second edition. Because I purchased all the ones published during Cubicle7 end-of-license sale.

The interview on ENWorld implies Free League continues with the D&D5e AiME so not a new edition.

Depends on if they are updating it to a 2nd edition as well. Not sure. I guess it doesnt count?

imagineGod

Legend
LEGENDS OF GRAYSKULL: Masters of the Universe RPG by Fandom
Put the link or this is an invalid nomination.

by Fandom

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases