Nominate your MOST ANTICIPATED RPG of 2021

As I do every year, I'm taking nominations for the MOST ANTICIPATED RPG poll for the coming year. Here is last year's Top 10 (spoiler: the winner was the Dune RPG, which hasn't actually made it out yet). Previous winners include 13th Age (2013), Star Wars Force & Destiny (2015), Rifts for Savage Worlds (2016), Trudvang Chronicles , and Vampire: the Masquerade 5th Edition (2018), and Savage...

As I do every year, I'm taking nominations for the MOST ANTICIPATED RPG poll for the coming year. Here is last year's Top 10 (spoiler: the winner was the Dune RPG, which hasn't actually made it out yet). Previous winners include 13th Age (2013), Star Wars Force & Destiny (2015), Rifts for Savage Worlds (2016), Trudvang Chronicles , and Vampire: the Masquerade 5th Edition (2018), and Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (2019). What will be the most anticipated RPG of 2021?

We do this at the end of every year, and have done for several years now! Here's how it works:

We start with a nomination stage. That's this thread. You may nominate any standalone tabletop RPG due to be released to the general public in 2021. All nominated games will appear on the final ballot. To nominate a game, simply make a reply in this thread. A few rules:
  1. It must be a standalone tabletop RPG, NOT a supplement, setting, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. If there is a QuickStart version, or a preview, it’s the full release that counts.
  2. It must be due out to the general public in 2021. The important date is the date the general public can purchase the book. That's not Kickstarter fulfillment dates or pre-orders.
  3. It must be nominated by at least one person in this thread. Simply post the name of the game and the name of the publisher below to nominate it.
  4. Nominations will remain open for two weeks, until December 22nd. Voting will take place shortly thereafter.
  5. Not your own game or one you’re affiliated with.
  6. Include a link. Don't make me Google to try guess what you mean! No linky, no nommy.
dune_logo_cropped.jpg

Last year's winner was Dune (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. Sometimes products make it into the list in more than one year; what can I say? Product schedules slip!

113th AgeStar Wars Force & DestinyRifts for Savage WorldsTrudvang ChroniclesVampire: The Masquerade 5th EditionSavage Worlds Adventure EditionDune
2NumeneraDeluxe Exalted 3rd EditionMutant Crawl ClassicsTales from the LoopWarhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth EditionPathfinder 2nd EditionVaesen - Nordic Horror Roleplaying
3Star Wars Edge of the EmpireUnified Rolemaster7th Sea 2nd EditionKult: Divinity LostKult: Divinity LostLex ArcanaCyberpunk Red
4Shadowrun 5th EditionConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfStar Trek AdventuresForbidden Lands: Retro Open-World Survival Fantasy RPGThe ExpanseFallout
5Call of Cthulhu 7th EditionDeluxe Tunnels & TrollsDCC LankhmarConan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed OfRuneQuest: Role-playing in GloranthaEclipse Phase 2nd EditionWarhammer: Age of Sigmar: Soulbound
6FireflyBarbarians of Lemuria: Mythic EditionRuneQuest 4StarfinderThe Witcher Roleplaying GameDune RPGSwords of the Serpentine
7Fate CoreFeng Shui 2Torg: EternityThe Witcher Roleplaying GameWarhammer 40,000 Wrath & GloryJohn Carter of MarsRivers of London
8HillfolkFantasy AGEBlue Rose AGECoriolisThe ExpanseChangeling: The Lost 2nd EditionStargate
9TorchbearerParanoiaParanoiaDelta Green Roleplaying GameLegend of the Five Rings 5th EditionThings from the FloodFading Suns 4E
10-Shadows of the Demon LordDelta GreenAstonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2ENumenera 2: Discovery & DestinyJudge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 ADCortex Prime

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Right, I think that's the final list unless anybody spots any other glaring mistakes!

Absolute Power
Achtung Cthulhu 2d20
Altered Carbon
Beowulf: Age of Heroes
Bolt RPG Engine
Brancalonia - The Spaghetti Fantasy RPG
Brinkwood: The Blood of Tyrants
Bunkers and Badasses
Deviant: The Renegades
Diamond Throne
Dune Adventures in The Imperium
Everway 2nd Edition
Fading Suns : Pax Alexius (Fading Suns 4th Edition)
Fallout 2d20
Flames of Freedom
GeneFunk 2090: Shadows of Korea
Good Dogs
Good Strong Hands
Hard Wired Island
Haunted West
Hearts of Wulin
Hellboy
Heroic Dark
Homeworld: Revelations
Interface Zero 3.0
Iron Kingdoms Requiem
Jackals: Bronze Age Fantasy Roleplaying
Jiangshi: Blood in the Banquet Hall
King Arthur Pendragon 6th Edition
Kingdom 2nd Edition
Kings of War
Legends of Grayskull: Masters of the Universe
Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition (A5E)
Lords of the Middle Sea
Luther Arkwright
Monster Care Squad
Monte Cook’s Diamond Throne
Mummy: The Curse, Second Edition
Nancy Druid
Old-School Essentials - Advanced Fantasy
Open Quest, 3rd Edition
Our Mundane Supernatural Life
Parselings
Pasion de las Pasiones
Perilous Roleplaying Game
Prowlers and Paragons Ultimate Edition
Rivers of London
Rolemaster (Unified)
Root
Savage Sisters
Shadow of the Weird Wizard
SLA Industries, 2nd Edition
Solarpunk
Stargate
Swords of the Serpentine
Syndicult
Tales of Xadia
The Chronicles of Future Earth
The Dee Sanction
The Gaia Complex
The One Ring 2nd Edition
The Troubleshooters
Thirsty Sword Lesbians
Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
Trophy RPG
Trudvang Adventures for 5E
Twilight 2000
Urban Shadows 2E
Villagesong
Voidheart Symphony
Wanderhome
Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th Edition
Wickedness
Worlds Without Number
Zombicide Chronicles

agrayday

Explorer
Is there a thought about closing the loop with a "Nominated Best RPG's" released this year, or is that done and i obviously missed it?

Just thinking about those releases that happen during the year that are not announced and how to get visibility to them at the end of the year?

Also any thought on how to handle RPG's that seem to float out there with multiple nominations but havent been released.... ?

Thanks Morrus for all your hard work and the team's work on this every year. :)

Jesse Mc

First Post
Well, if we are not sure then how can we speculate either way? I’m not in the know, but there has been a development blog of some sort, and people who have followed it say that the books themselves are nearing completion and that would imply a quick turnaround from when the Kickstarter gets announced. I know some Kickstarters take ages to deliver, but a number of companies are now looking at doing the development of the game before the campaign gets going - so this is possibly what may be happening with Everway. So nothing official as an announcement but some pictures below of the what the developed product is looking like:

View attachment 129846View attachment 129847
Kickstarter is in January. Fulfillment by summer.

Rowan

Explorer
Not sure. The Kickstarter sign up is on - the rest of the details I’m not sure if they’ve been announced or not. Do you have more info? I mean the 'Silver Anniversary Edition’ implies it is coming out soon.
Yes, Everway Silver Anniversary Edition's Kickstarter will be launched in January and it will be fulfilled in 2021, possibly in early 2021 since it is basically done except for printing. I'm putting the final touches on the Gamemasters book right now, and it should be done in 2020.

Rowan

Explorer
None, hence my question.

It would seem unlikely to be released in 2021 even with the Silver Anniversary Edition tagline, which I would expect to refer to when the KS goes up rather the release date.
Unlike most RPGs, we don't post the Kickstarter until the product is final and ready to go to press. That lowers risk for the backers and they don't have to wait so long for fulfillment. The January Kickstarter of Everway Silver Anniversary Edition includes the following products:

• Book 1: Players
  • Book 2: Gamemasters
  • Deluxe Fortune Deck
  • Vision Collection 1
  • Vision Collection 2
All of these are done except Book 2, which has the final chapter in editing and I'm finishing the last few maps over the next few days. Definitely out in 2021!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads