• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-Core Class Survivor: Round 10 - The Top Ten (predict the final 3)

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Archivist (Heroes of Horror)

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Beguiler (Player's Handbook II)

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • Binder (Tome of Magic)

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror)

Votes: 50 20.5%
  • Duskblade (Player's Handbook II)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Knight (Player's Handbook II)

Votes: 41 16.8%
  • Psion (Expanded Psionics Handbook)

Votes: 41 16.8%
  • Psychic Warrior (Expanded Psionics Handbook)

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Scout (Complete Adventurer)

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Warlock (Complete Arcane)

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Poll closed .

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Its got to be the Beguiler, the Duskblade and Warlock for me... i think all three are superior in character and mechanics, but not balance) to most of the PH classes. and the duskblade is a dream come true after years of playing fighter/sorcerer/spellsword characters :)

Arkhandus

First Post
Friends! Countrymen! *crickets* Undecided voters! Save the psionic classes from the crushing iron fist of psi-haters! Cast your votes for the downfall of anything else! The psi-haters are catching up to their ultimate goal! Man the walls and reinforce the gates! Cast down the bard-hatin' beguiler! Throw out the lich-wannabe! Stone the ranger-and-rogue-and-monk-murderin' scout!

:eek:

Jedi_Solo

First Post
Maybe we can finally get enough people to make sure the Dread Necromancer gets its final rest.

And my guess for the final three are Duskblade, Scout and Warlock.

Presto2112

Explorer
At this point, I have to go with Duskblade, Scout, and Warlock. Having played the Warlock, and being very intrigued by the duskblade, I'd be cool with that top 3.

lukelightning

First Post
Duskblade, scout, warlock. I beguiler is a close one, but duskblades and scouts definitely fill a needed niches better, and warlocks have devoted supporters.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Add another guess that duskblade, scout, and warlock make the final three.

I'm saddened by all the hate thrown at the psion. IMHO, it is simply the best designed spellcasting class in far superior spellcasting system to the standard. The fact that it is called psion/psionics rather than magic, I suspect, is the reason for its persecution, not the fact that people actually have seen one in play and didn't like it.

So fess up...how many of you psion-haters have actually tried one or seen one in play? If it were called sorcerer and the psionics system were the default magic system, would that change your mind?

BryonD

Hero
Arkhandus said:
Friends! Countrymen! *crickets* Undecided voters! Save the psionic classes from the crushing iron fist of psi-haters! Cast your votes for the downfall of anything else! The psi-haters are catching up to their ultimate goal!
Agreed!!!

I still think the Binder needs to go. But at this point I'll throw in my support to any pro-psion group.

I nominate Psion, for obvious reasons, to lead the defence.
Name a class and the pro-psion group will vote for that in an effort to hold off the haters.

:)

Remove ads