• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-Iconics Adventure. Dungeon of the Fire Opal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyG

First Post
"Orange glow ? I have no idea what to tell you. It never did that when I had it. The man who gave it to me never explained how it worked exactly. All I know is that it creates light."

The little priestess wasn't hard to locate. She was tending to some flowers in her grove when you arrived. She looks genuinely puzzled by the accounts of orange light.

Taz

First Post
“Well, it did create light...”

Taz will try, if the vial will automatically glow, if put into the dark - like into her backpack or covered with a blanket.

“Maybe it simply glows, when it is dark...”

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'Before we head back to that place, we need to discuss our tactics - the discipline during that last battle was disgraceful.'

Jalon's authoritarian voice cuts through the otherwise jovial conversation. Automatically assuming that the others will listen to him without interuption, the priest begins his lecture.

'Firstly, I need you all to stay together, and remember to work as a team -'

Jalon casts a quick glance towards Ubaar.

'- noone run off on their own, as we have no idea what could be lurking in that darkness. Kytess, Ivellios and Ubaar are all trained warriors, and I expect you should be accustomed to staying in formation and cooperating with others.'

'And if anyone recieves an command during a battle, react immediately - it may be a matter of life and death. Remember that your fellows lives may be in your hands.'

Jalon continues unabashed, obviously assuming that he'll be the one to give, rather than to recieve such commands.

'Sollir, Ubaar - if we encounter any more of those infernal imps, pray for your gods' blessings, and channel your faith into your weapons. You may have noticed my longsword had little trouble with them, or with the dragon.'

'Speaking of which, although we finally managed to deal with that beast, I fear our main foe within the ruins -'

The usually stoic warrior-priest shudders involuntarily at his horrific dream

'- that sorceress - is still at large. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in matters of the arcane could provide more insight into who, or what, she is, and the abilities she may possess?'

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Jalon Odessa said:
Jalon casts a quick glance towards Ubaar.

'- noone run off on their own, as we have no idea what could be lurking in that darkness. Kytess, Ivellios and Ubaar are all trained warriors, and I expect you should be accustomed to staying in formation and cooperating with others.'
Waiting till an opening in the conversation, Ubaar says to Jalon - "Ubaar usually moves off away from those that carry lights, cause that kind of announces where we are.
But Ubaar stay next to you guys this time, since I don't think it matters, since it seems everything down there could see in the dark, they'll see me coming, too, light or no. :(

*Ubaar shrugs his shoulders*

In response to the trained soldier comment, Ubaar says, "What... you think you're in the army now, Jalon?
Formations are for either gentlemanly battles or for slow-forming groups.

This is down-and-dirty guerilla warfare down in that dungeon!
Strike fast, Strike hard!"

reapersaurus

Explorer
To Taz - "Taz, can you speak to those lizardpeople?
WHAT were you doing last time with them?

Can anyone communicate with them?
Did they control that dragon?

If we see the witch again, I say we grab her and crush her - make sure she don't get away again - those stingers of hers HURT, eh, guys?"

Murhid

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"What... you think you're in the army now, Jalon?

"Maybe he is not, but he is also not a farmer with a pitchfork !

Maybe this monkey warfare works well when there is cover like trees and what not, however like you said, we are in a dungeon, my companion, and last time you tried that I do not think it worked well. "

reapersaurus said:
If we see the witch again, I say we grab her and crush her - make sure she don't get away again

"Yes, one-self shall try harder in catching that demonic witch."
Murhid lays his hand on the slightly darker area of skin near his stomach where the purple bolt hit.

Last edited:

Taz

First Post
“No, I cannot speak with them, but I tried to motion them, that we do not want to fight with them, since they didn't seem to be hostile and there was that dragon, yaknow. I figure this will be different next time we meet them.”

reapersaurus

Explorer
"Naa.... I clocked the female one but good, but Ivellios didn't finish her off. :(
I guess those elf eyes were too weak to be used in the dark of a dungeon.
What, Ivellios - do those eyes only work with the sky above you, surrounded by precious trees? ;)

Maybe we should hire a bard to come with us and inspire your fighting by doing a foofy mime performance."

HeavyG

First Post
Taz said:
“Well, it did create light...”

Taz will try, if the vial will automatically glow, if put into the dark - like into her backpack or covered with a blanket.

“Maybe it simply glows, when it is dark...”

Nope. It doesn't glow when put in a backpack or covered with a blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads