• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-Magic CCGs

Gundark

Explorer
I really got into the Star Wars CCG for some time. I really loved that game. For a short time I got into the Lord of the Ring CCG from Decipher as well, really a lot of fun, later expansions just were "meh" though.

Some other games that I played

Jyhad...finding players was hard, as well you needed many, many cards to play.

Aliens vs Predator. The card art was taken from the movies, really crappy. Gameplat's was okay.

Spycraft. Not a bad game, however there were some kinks to the game I didn't like.

World of Warcraft. An okay game, it really felt like a rip off of Magic the Gatherering.

Highlander. I didn't play this game too much, however was kinda fun. This one is still going I think.

X-files CCG. Really a good game. I really think it's too bad this one died so soon.

Shadowrun CCG. Another fun game. Died before it should have.

I really enjoyed playing CCGs there is an element of playing them that you just can't get from playing any other game. Creating a killer deck and seeing it work just gives a level of satisfaction that I havn't found from anywhere else. The only CCG to still be going in my area is Magic. Despite all the CCGs I've owned and tried over the years I've never tried Magic, it just seems too daunting to try to pick it up.

That and the fact I swore that I would stop playing random games. I've spent soooo much $ on boosters. It really sucks when you drop $20-$50 and get NOTHING decent.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads